Chapter 7

"Did you mean that O?" Ember asked, as they sat in the corner.

"I was angry. Bell and I were both getting out of hand. I don't blame you at all Em, you're my best friend." Octavia said. "No matter what I say, ever, you'll always be my other half."

"Forever." Ember whispered, smiling.

"This is Raven Reyes. Calling Ark Station." She put her head against the table. "Come in Ark Station. This is Raven Reyes. Calling Ark Station. Please come in." She sighed. "Please. Please. Can anybody hear me?" She asked under her breath.

"We at the right frequency?" Ember asked.

Raven glanced back at Ember, a slight smile coming onto her face as she saw her close friend. "Yes."

Ember stood up, looking at the radio. She moved one of the dials. "Try it now." Raven looked at her, and Ember rolled her eyes. "I was a mechanic too, remember? I was the twin that was good at my job."

"Calling Ark Station." Raven said again. "The hundred are alive."

"This is a restricted station. Who is this? Please identify yourself."

Ember smirked, giving Raven a 'I told you so' look. "This is Raven Reyes. I- I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Doctor Abby Griffin. Doctor Abby Griffin. Now."

"Hang on Raven, we're trying to boost your signal." Sinclair said.

"Raven? Are you there?"

"Mom?" Clarke asked. "Mom it's me."

"Clarke?"

Ember looked down at the ground, feeling guilty about her own parents death as Emma stared at her intensely while Clarke sat on the radio. Octavia moved forward, grabbing Ember's hand and squeezing it comfortingly. "Mom. I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a grounder."

"Clarke, this is the Chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?" Jaha asked.

"Yes. the Earth is survivable. We're not alone." Clarke replied. "Mom, he's dying. The knife is still in his chest.

"Clarke is my son with you?"

Clarke looked up sadly, going to reply but choking on her sob. Emma stood beside Finn silently, waiting for Clarke's instruction. Ember put her hand on Clarke's shoulder. "I'm sorry, chancellor. Wells is- Wells is dead."

"Okay." Abby said after a moment. "I'm going to talk you through it, step by step. Clarke- just- find"

"What's wrong?" Clarke asked with worry.

Ember sighed, putting her hand to her forehead. "It's the storm. It's fucking with our signal."

"Clarke, we need to hurry." Abby said, the signal coming back in.

Octavia came back into the dropship, two canisters in her hand. She gave one to Clarke, holding onto the other. Clarke smelt the canister, coughing. "Monty's moonshine?"

"No germ can survive it."

Clarke turned to the door of the dropship. "The storms getting worse. Monroe, close the doors."

"No, Monty and Jasper are still out there. So is Bellamy." Ember argued.

Raven handed a needle to Clarke. "One stitching needle."

"There's wire on the second level. I used it for the tents." Ember said, and Octavia quickly nodded, knowing what she was talking about. Octavia ran to the ladder to grab it for them.