Chapter 59

Ember was on the radio with Clarke. "So what you're saying is we have the same color blood now?" She said with a laugh. She was still in Polis, and they had just explored the whole bunker yesterday. They were supposed to be heading back to Arkadia soon to deliver the news.

She was still down in the bunker though, exploring the halls so she would know her way around. She had the radio in her hand as she walked. "That's exactly what I'm saying." Clarke laughed in agreement. "But there is no way to know for sure because the machine was destroyed."

"Man, I can't believe Abby just destroyed the machine like that," She said.

Clarke had told her that they'd taken bone marrow from Luna and they originally planned on putting it into Emori to test. But Clarke being Clarke, she injected it into herself instead. "I can believe it. You know my mom. I put myself in danger and she was willing to do anything to protect me."

"That's Abby for you," Ember agreed. She looked around the bunker around her. "Well even if the Nightblood solution doesn't work we have another plan."

"What do you mean?" Clarke asked. Last she knew, they didn't have another plan. The Nightblood was their only hope.

Ember cracked a smile, a skip in her step she wasn't used to as she roamed the halls. "We found a bunker. A big one. There's one problem though, Jaha wants to take it just for Skaikru. Monty says it could fit 1200 people."

"That's 100 people from each clan."

Ember bit her lip. "I know, but they don't want to tell the other clans. Another thing, you can't tell anyone. Indra was there when we found the bunker."

"Trikru knows?"

"We made a deal with them to share the space. But they're not telling the other clans. Kane has a plan, but he hasn't told me what it is."

"They're gonna find out."

Letting out a chuckle, Ember looked around her. "I know. That's what I'm hoping." Once she was sure that nobody was around, she was more comfortable talking to Clarke. "But are you guys all coming back then?"

"We're gonna leave a few people to stay and pack things up, but then we'll be coming, yeah."

"Good, I can't wait to see you again. You have no idea how much I've wanted to tell you," Ember paused. "Clarke, are you alone?"

"Yeah... why?"

Ember slipped into one of the rooms in case someone else was deciding to walk around too and overheard. "I have something really important that I need to tell you."

Her voice was suddenly frantic, and Clarke picked up on it instantly. Ember leaned against the wall, gently wrapping her arms around her stomach gently. "What is it, Em? Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be fine."

She bit her lip, bringing the radio up to her mouth. "I think I'm pregnant."

Clarke was silent for a moment. "Are you sure?"

"I don't know," Ember replied, bringing her head to her forehead. "Pretty sure? I think."

Clarke let out a small breath. "Okay, well, I'm here for you. No matter what."

~~~

Ember was standing next to Jaha as he addressed the crowd to tell them about the bunker. Bellamy was in the crowd, and she hadn't gotten a chance to talk to him yet about anything, not that she had much to tell him. "There is an underground aquifer with a filtration system that is still operational."