Chapter 93

Murphy spent all night, telling the girls everything he could think of from the moment they got on the ground. Tori went from knowing nothing about Ember to every little detail Murphy could remember. He had explained how Ember had been tortured when they first got to the ground, how she'd been electrocuted by her sister, how her sister had tried to kill her. It definitely explained how she had such a high pain tolerance.

She wasn't sure how she had a good relationship with her sister, but he explained how they worked it out when she broke up with Bellamy because he had cheated on her, and they'd disappeared for three months without a word to anyone.

Ember had been a leader to all of these people, so Tori had to do her best to act like someone in charge, which wasn't what she was used to.

He explained to them the commanders and the flame, which he added was inside of Madi now. The flame worked like the mind drive, but it only put their consciousness onto it when a commander died, and the host didn't have to die for it. At least, that's how Tori understood his description.

Ember was born up in the Ark, as a second child. So she disguised herself as Emma to go out, and that's when she met Bellamy and his sister, Octavia. Octavia was Ember's best friend, but she wasn't here so Tori didn't have to worry about that.

He told her was assholes her parents were, but that was just an added detail he threw in because he wanted to.

She also didn't need to worry about Bellamy hating Octavia, since he knew the truth.

Tori could tell that talking about Ember was an emotional experience for him, although he tried to hide it. They must have been close, she figured. That seemed to be the case for a lot of people.

He explained how Clarke came down to the ground a stuck-up privileged girl, who wanted to do nothing but survive. Then she ended up caring about all of the 100 delinquents that came to the ground, and would do anything to save them.

Which she certainly tried. Clarke had been known as the Commander of Death, Wanheda, for the slaughter of the mountain men. Bellamy and Ember had helped Clarke pull the lever, but Clarke had ultimately earned the title. The mountain men had taken their bone marrow, wanting to get to the ground, which didn't sound too much different than was the Primes wanted.

Six years ago, Murphy and the rest of his friends had to go up to space, Octavia led a group in the bunker, and Clarke and Ember stayed behind on the ground, sacrificing themselves to save the others. Only they didn't die. Ember was pregnant, and that's when she had the twins and they met Madi. An eligius ship had come down, and a mad man destroyed Earth before any of them could stop him.

Then they got put in cryo until they came here, which two people had sacrificed themselves to do. Jordan's parents. Harper and Monty. Heroes, Murphy described them as.

Josephine twirled her hair as she listened to what Murphy said, and when he was done he grew annoyed, pulling her hand from her hair and then lowering his head back down onto the table like he had been doing for the past half hour. "Hey, we are offering you immortality, a chance at godhood, and you can't keep your eyes open?"

"Calm down, Josie. We have kept him up all night."

Murphy hummed in agreement with Tori. "Even gods need to sleep. Why don't you guys, by the way?" He looked up at Tori for only a moment, the easier of the two to talk to. Although, he found it hard to look at her, as it only reminded him that Ember was dead.

"Sleeplessness is common the first few nights in a new host," Tori explained. "You can sleep when you're dead, which will be ever unless you've changed your mind." She pulled the two empty mind drives out of her pocket, showing it to him. He had asked to extend the offer to Emori, and they'd agreed, seeing no harm in wiping the two primes the siblings couldn't stand anyways.