Chapter 14

The minute Bellamy got his handcuffs off, he hugged Ember, who had returned after a few minutes in medical, claiming that she couldn't handle being away from Bellamy. They were in an interrogation room together on the Ark, waiting for Kane to come and talk to them. She tightly held into him, taking a moment to stare at him, not bothered by the cuts and blood on his face, and she brought him down into a kiss.

She sat on the conference table, tugging Bellamy closer with an arm around his waist. Their lips met with a passion that Ember wouldn't think possible if she wasn't experiencing it firsthand. His hand went into her hair, curling her long hair in his hand.

Her legs wrapped around him, and he pulled his lips away from her and kissed down the side of her neck.

She gasped, trying to clear her thoughts. She pulled away from him, leaning against him. "Later." She promised. "Kane could walk in at any moment."

He nodded in agreement, as she ran a hand through her hair, smoothing out her clothes. When the door opened, Ember turned to face him, connecting her hand with Bellamy's behind her back. "How long are you gonna keep us locked up in here?"

"until I'm confident that neither of you are a threat to others. Let's continue. Now you guys said that there were hundreds of Grounders attacking. 200, 300?"

Ember smiled sweetly at him. "We didn't take the time to count."

"Why do you think they attacking? What provoked them?"

Ember scoffed, thinking for a moment. The flares, or maybe it was torturing Lincoln. "We were here. That was enough. We're wasting time. The others didn't just vanish into thin air. They were taken, and we need to go after them." Bellamy answered, crossing his arms.

"Search team is preparing to leave, but not before we've gotten the intel we need from you." Kane informed them.

"We need to be on that team." Ember said frantically. "Please." She added.

"That's out of the question. You're not trained. It's too dangerous."

Ember scoffed, glaring at him. "Bullshit. We've been on the ground fighting since the day you sent us down to die. You may have been the trained ones on the Ark, but down here, we have the experience. Those are my people out there, and I will not abandon them."

Bellamy rubbed her hand with his thumb in an attempt to calm her. "They're my people, too. You want to help them? Tell me what we're up against... Grounder tactics, their numbers, what kind of weapons they used."

"Arrows." Bellamy told him. "Spears, axes, swords, their teeth."

"No guns? You had guns."

"The guns we found at the aid depot leveled the playing field, and maybe, maybe if we'd had more bullets, we could have..." Bellamy said.

"There were more bullets. Search team just returned from the bunker. They found two more barrels full of rifles and a third filled with bullets."

Ember pursed her lips, automatically blaming herself for the multiple deaths a lack of guns had caused. "We should have looked harder." she whispered, looking down at the ground.

The door to the room opened, and Ember looked over at Bellamy, before looking at Murphy. "What's he doing here?"

"Excuse me, sir. Dr. Griffin cleared Mr. Murphy out of medical."

"Put him over there, Major Byrne." Kane commanded.

Ember let out a laugh. "You want to leave us two alone with him?"