Chapter 61

"How could you do this?" Bellamy asked, glaring at Clarke. "There were only 4 warriors left. Ember was one of them. She might have won."

"And she might not have," Jaha replied.

Clarke sighed. "Bellamy, you're right. She had a chance. But Luna was in the final 4 as well, which means there is an even better chance of nobody getting into this bunker, of nobody surviving. The end of the human race. Can you understand that?"

"Yeah, I can understand it," Bellamy replied angrily. "You did what you think you had to do, like always. But you can't- you can't expect me to stay down here not knowing what happened to Ember. To Octavia."

Emma bit her lip. "Bellamy, they're not gonna open the door."

"The door stays closed," Jaha said.

Bellamy turned to look at Jaha. "You know what? I must have missed the election that made you chancellor again."

The door to the office opened and Abby came in. "I was setting up the infirmary, and I heard people in the corridor. Is it over?" She asked. "Did we win?"

Bellamy shrugged. "We don't know," He said snarkily.

Abby looked around the room. "Where's Marcus?"

"He was in the tower," Jaha replied. "We sent some people for him, Bellamy, Octavia, and Ember. Bellamy was the only one we could get in time." He looked at Abby apologetically. "I'm sorry."

Abby nodded her head to the table. "Give me the radio. Marcus or Ember has one."

Jaha shook his head. "The walkies are no good down here."

Clarke pressed a button, and the table started to lift itself up. "Clarke-"

"I'm letting them say goodbye," Clarke replied, glaring at Jaha.

They started to move over, and Jaha stopped in front of Abby, Bellamy and Emma coming around the other side of the desk. "I understand your need to know, but I promise you there is nothing but more pain on the other side of that radio."

He signaled to a screen that the desk now had. "The radiation levels have become critical, so people outside are already feeling the effects. Once they realize that we took this bunker it'll be chaos, and if we open that door, we let that chaos inside."

"I understand," Abby said. "Now, get the hell out of my way."

Bellamy was already messing with the radio. "The walkies are set to 21.5 megahertz."

As soon as he set it to that setting, he heard Ember. "Can anyone hear me? Over"

Ember was above the bunker, Octavia beside her and only a few others in the room. She tried again with the radio. "This is Ember. Can anyone hear me? Damn it."

Bellamy grabbed the radio quickly. "Ember, it's me. Are you okay?"

Ember glanced at Octavia, who tensed at her brother's voice. She believed that Bellamy took part in this, but Ember knew better. He had tried to save her during the fight, he wouldn't have gone into the bunker without Ember and Octavia willingly. "I'm alive. I won."

Octavia grabbed the radio from Ember. "Bell, what the hell did you do?"

"It wasn't me," He replied. "But I'll fix it."

Indra turned to Ember and Octavia. "We don't have much time."

Ember signaled for the radio back from Octavia, who handed it to her. "Listen to me," Ember said. She figured other people were there, people who did have a part in taking the bunker. Clarke. Clarke would do anything to save her people, even something like this. She's told Clarke to take care of Bellamy, so they got him down here.