Chapter 6

Bellamy searched the camp frantically, before entering Clarke's tent, surprised to see her awake. "You're up?"

"Yeah. Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty had to sleep." Clarke replied.

"Raven's flares will work. Have you seen Octavia or Ember?"

"No. It's Octavia, she's probably chasing butterflies with Ember with her." Clarke replied, standing up.

"Clarke, I've checked the camp. Neither of them are here."

"Okay, I'll help you find them. Let's check again. You go to the dropship. I'll check the rest of the tents." Clarke said.

Bellamy sighed. "Thank you."

Shaking her head, Clarke put on her jacket. "Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for them."

Bellamy exited the tent behind Clarke, looking up at the sky. "Please let them be safe." he whispered.

~*~

Octavia sat up with a groan, wincing as she looked at her leg, letting out a cry. She was hushed quickly, as she saw Ember sitting in the corner with her legs pulled to her chest. "He's coming." She whispered to Octavia, who glanced up at the opening of the cave.

The grounder came in, looking at Ember's arm covered in her black blood. "Nightblood." He said in Trigedasleng, resulting in Octavia and Ember share a confused look. He turned to Octavia, grabbing a heated blade and walking towards her.

"No, please, don't hurt me!"

"O, calm down. He's helping you." Ember whispered, realizing what he was going to do. "Try not to scream." Ember said as she calmed down, allowing him to move the heated blade towards her leg.

~*~

After a while, Octavia woke up after passing out from the pain. "Em?"

"I'm still here O. He healed your leg." Ember said. She glanced down at her arm, it being wrapped up with leaves with some kind of medicine on it. "He's helping my arm too."

"He called you a, Natblida? what does that mean?"

Ember shrugged. "I don't know." She took a deep breath. "Bellamy should be coming for us by now, it shouldn't be too long before we get saved."

~*~

"Go! I want another pony ride," Octavia said. Ember sat on the kitchen with a smile on her face. She was still getting used to being allowed to go out of the house, having only gotten to do that for a few months.

Bellamy looked down at his sister, then at Ember. "You want another one? Ok, you want to go through the jungle or the forest?"

"I want to see the Ark, Bell. Take me out the door."

Aurora, who sat in a seat beside Ember sighed. "That's enough. Both of you. It's time."

Octavia looked between the three others in the room. "But- No, I don't want to! How do you even know?"

Ember put her hand on her new friend's shoulder. "I know you hate it O, believe me, it sucks. But the alternative it's much worse. And when it's over, we'll all be right here waiting for you."

Octavia smiled and nodded lightly, hugging Ember. "I know you're afraid, but fear is a demon. Close your eyes and tell yourself that you are not afraid. That is how you slay the demon." Aurora smiled encouragingly. "Say it."