Chapter 22

Ember was vivid. Clarke had sent off Bellamy to Mount Weather, without telling her about it at all. She felt betrayed, Bellamy was going to save their people, without her. Ember was angry with everyone, and only got a few hours of sleep due to a sleep plagued with nightmares.

She wasn't sure who all had a part in sending Bellamy off, but out of her friends, the only one she refused to be angry with was Octavia. Lincoln had left too, which made Ember believe that Octavia had taken part in sending them away, but she knew she needed a friend.

The only thing keeping her focused was her desire to impress Lexa while fighting. She had gotten a new sword from Lexa, claiming that hers was old and worn down.

After a two hour session, Ember was done practicing with Lexa and headed back to the Ark alone. She looked around the Ark, smiling at Emma when they made short eye contact.

The gates to the Ark opened soon after she was inside, Indra and several warriors on the other side. They started walking into camp, and as they passed by Ember she head Indra saying, "Eyes up. Heads high. Remember we're the ones with a thousand warriors in the woods."

Ember moved forwards with them, glaring at Indra. "If any of them hurt any of my people without reason, I'll come straight to you and get my revenge." She vowed, moving next to Octavia and Emma.

Emma knew she would distract herself with whatever she could. Emma also knew how unhealthy attached to Bellamy she was, and how being seperated could affect her badly. She knew if it got too bad, she'd have to tell Ember the truth, which she wasn't sure she could handle emotionally yet.

"Welcome. I thought we'd start with a reception then move on to training. We have a lot to learn from each other. Weapons there, please. Only our guards are armed here."

Indra paused for a moment, then removed her weapons from her, dropping them into the bin. Ember kept her weapons on her as she entered the Ark, knowing they wouldn't stop her. "Thank you for agreeing to this, Indra." Kane said, once they were inside.

"We're here on the Commander's orders. I agreed to nothing."

Kane signalled into a room by Jaha. "please. We'll begin in a moment."

Ember moved past Jaha, who reached out and grabbed her. "No weapons in the Ark. You're not a guard."

She looked back at Kane, before to Jaha. "What are you going to do? Arrest me?" She asked with a scoff, walking in with a snickering Emma behind her. They walked over to Octavia and Murphy,and Ember noticed how the room was split into two obvious groups.

"Alright. Quiet down." Kane said, walking into the room. Ember fiddled with her thumbs feeling the need to keep moving. He signalled Indra to go to the middle of the room, who slowly did as asked.

"Don't worry." A guard said behind them, looking at Octavia "My shock baton's got your back."

Octavia looked at Indra as she replied, "How about you stick it up your ass instead?"

"I know we don't have a lot in common." Kane announced, standing in the middle with Indra. "But we do have a common enemy, and a common goal." Ember looked around the crowd, seeing that most of the Grounders weren't even listening to what he was saying. "And for us to reach it, to get our people out of Mount Weather, we need to work together." He paused, looking at Indra. "Together. Sky People and Tree people. We need to share knowledge."

A Grounder made their way over to Murphy and Emma, and Ember stood in front of them slightly. "You got a problem?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.