Chapter 15

Emma was horrified. One of the last things she had expected was to find a room full of caged Grounders. A week ago, the sight would have made her laugh, but now it was a totally different story.

"I'm gonna get you out of here." Emma said, looking around her frantically. The sights in front of her only scared her more, as she saw two girls hung upside down with wires connected to them. Clarke was much calmer, and looked around, before seeing a pole. She picked it up, and shoved it into the lock, successfully snapping it.

Clarke opened the door to the cage, but when the door opened, so did the door to the room. "Get back in!" Clarke hissed, pushing Emma into the cage, before getting into an empty one next to them. Emma closed their door, wincing at the squeak it made, and Clarke's closed silently.

Emma eyed Anya, before deciding that she was the lesser of two evils, and stayed quiet as who she assumed was a doctor, walked in. Several Grounders reached out, and the girl just sat with her clipboard, standing at all of them.

Worried that she would see Emma, she moved slightly further back, and waiting for her to leave. When she did, Emma was quick to jump out of the cage, Clarke and a weak Anya in tow. "We've gotta go, now." Clarke said, grabbing Emma's hand and signalling for her and Anya to hurry.

They ran to opposite way that the girl had left, and exited through a door. It closed behind them, and Emma looked around, confused. "What-" an alarm went off, and red lights flashed. The floor opened up, and Emma shrieked when she fell.

Emma looked down when they landed, glancing down at where her hands were. "Fuck!" She said, leading out if where she landed, realizing she was on a cart.

Anya and Clarke followed her out quickly. "We're out. Hey, come on, we won't cover any ground standing around."

Anya stood tall. "I won't leave my people behind."

"Anya, listen to me, my people are still inside there. But they have guards they have weapons once we're out we can find help and come back and get them." Clarke said.

"There is no "we"."

Emma paused for a moment, hearing voices in the distance. "Someone's coming." She told them, freezing as she noticed lights coming as well, from fire. "Reapers."

"I have an idea." Clarke said, hopping back into the cart. "You can't fight," she told Anya. "Come on." Emma followed her lead, and Anya hopped in last, laying on top of the other two.

Emma covered her mouth with her hand when a dead body was dropped on top of them. She only hoped at the end they'd get out alive.

~~~

Ember was angry. She was regretting her decision to take Murphy along right away. The only good thing out of the trip, was getting her sword from Finn, who had snuck it back to camp, and the knowledge that Zendaya was following them up in the trees. He hadn't gotten her bow, but she knew she wasn't that good with it anyways.

"Alright Murphy, where to now?" Bellamy asked, gun pointed out in case they ran into any Grounders, and the reason Ember kept looking behind them, worried Zendaya would be caught.

"I say we lose these first alright?" He held up his wrists, signalling to the makeshift handcuffs Ember had made out of rope that Wick had given her.

She snorted. "No."

"Hey if we get attacked out here I have nothing to defend myself-"

"I don't care." Bellamy cut him off, his shoulder bumping against Ember's.