1

It's been a year since the Mikaelson family, Caroline Forbes, Elena Gilbert, Bonnie Bennett and Stefan Salvatore left Mystic Falls to start their new life in New Orleans. Things appeared more complicated than Klaus had expecting once he got there, he found out that Marcellus not only was alive but also was the king, Klaus had to fight Marcel, the one who was like a son to him, just so he could have his throne back. It took time but now Klaus Mikaelson had his throne back.

Niklaus Mikaelson wasn't alone in the command of his throne, he had his Queen, Caroline Forbes, who was the one who was able to listen to people's complaints and to make agreements so everyone would win, but now was focus on the vampires and on helping the new vampires to feed on animals, then on doing the good old "hunt, feed and erase" system and seeing when they were ready to have a daylight ring, in order to prevent humans to die. Rebekah and Stefan were the ones who taught the vampires how to fight and they intended on keep helping them until they decided to take the cure. Alaric, who moved to New Orleans after the fights were over, was an history teacher but also helped the humans who knew about the supernatural world on how to defend themselves, he didn't plan on it, he only moved to be closer to Elena and make sure she was safe and sound but then he decided to also help others in defending themselves. Elena and Elijah made agreements with the humans who knew about their existence and made sure that humans and immortals could live in peace. Bonnie and Kol were the ones who took care of the witches, Bonnie because she was a Bennett witch and Kol because he knew a lot about witches and because he used to be a witch himself, they were also the ones who made sure no witches were conspiring against the vampires. Thanks to everyone's help, Niklaus was able to mostly focus on his hybrids and on the werewolves, which now became a big problem because recently it was found out that Hayley was part of the Crescent Moon Pack, which meant she was living in the Bayou with her pack and Tyler Lockwood. Caroline wasn't happy with Klaus's visits to the Bayou but she tried to not listen to her insecurities, she knew that in the moment she would start to question Klaus's trust, it would be the beginning of the end to them and she didn't want that to happen.

Caroline stayed always by Klaus's side, ever since they moved to New Orlenas, although if there was a time she wouldn't think that Klaus was acting the right way, she would quickly tell him and even give him lectures about good and bad. If it was someone else questioning Niklaus about his actions, they would have a painful ending but it was Caroline and she was the one who could show Klaus the right and wrong, who could be completely and brutally honest with him. In fact, Klaus appreciated how brutally honest Caroline was. He might like to have people fearing him and fear questioning him, but Caroline was the exception, he didn't want her to be afraid of him, he wanted her to trust him, to feel safe around him, to be honest with him and to love him. Every single day he was thankful for being with Caroline and for her seeing the side of him, most people tend to ignore, his human side.

Elijah and Elena have been truly happy. Elijah still felt perplexed at the kindness Elena kept showing to others, including people she didn't knew, and she still was able to make him do things he never expected to do and feel truly alive. Elena never felt this happy, Elijah was the one who made her be glad to be alive (or not dead), he was the one who made her appreciate being immortal to spend the rest of eternity by his side.

Rebekah and Stefan felt like they were back to stage 1, everything for them seemed to go perfect, Stefan gave her the two doses of vampirism cure and gave her the space she needed to find who she was when was single and not looking for someone else, she was finally starting to feel ready to be with Stefan but then she found out Marcel, the one who she thought for so long that was her soulmate, was alive, unlike what she had believe, and that changed everything, it also didn't help that Marcel didn't seem to be over her. Rebekah was afraid of doing the wrong time, making the wrong decision, picking the wrong man, so she decided to stay single and figure out where she was standing about her feelings for Marcellus and for Stefan.

Kol and Bonnie have been together since the Graduation Day but they agreed on doing things slow. Kol usually doesn't do slow, or serious relationships for that matter, but Bonnie wasn't just a random girl and she changed that about Kol. Kol never pressured Bonnie into doing or saying anything she didn't felt ready, even if it meant taking three cold showers a day (minimum), but he knew Bonnie was worth it. Bonnie had her senior year of high school grieving Jeremy's death, trying to repress her feelings in order to be helpful to her friends but Kol was the one who noticed that and even he had feelings for her, he showed her time and time again that she could talk about Jeremy and her feeling of lost. Once they started dating, they only hold hands and kissed, things stayed like that for about 3 months, which even though drive Kol crazy, he accepted, knowing how much impact Jeremy had on Bonnie's life. He never tried to make Bonnie stop talking about Jeremy or get rid of his things, which only showed Bonnie that Kol was good for her, he could be chidish and make her laugh until her stomach hurt but he also could be caring and a good listener when she needed. They did go on various dates during Niklaus getting his throne back and now they were closer than ever.

Being in a relationship or not, the truth was that they were all happy because in the end of the day they were like a big happy family.

But how long would that happiness last?

AN: Hey guys! You all seem so happy and excited for a sequel to the book The Auction, that it made me want to start publish right now. I'll try to make the chapters be always around 1000 words (sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more) and I won't be able to update every single day like I used to do in the other book... I don't even know how often I'll be updating so yeah... And there also won't be POVs. Oh, and I decided to make the story after Klaus get his throne back bc I think there's already many books where Klaus is trying to get back his throne.
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy reading this story