38

Klaus woke Caroline up with sweet kisses on her cheek, making her wake up with a sleepy smile.

"Good morning..." Caroline whispered in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning, my Queen!" He said with a big smirk.

"Someone sure woke up with a good mood."

"How can I not when I wake up with the most beautiful woman in the world?" He asked with a smirk and she smiled to him. "You need to get up."

"Why?" She pouted.

"Because tonight I'm going to take you on a date which we haven't done in awhile." Klaus said and Caroline quickly got up.

"Seriously? Couldn't you warn me sooner? I have nothing to wear which means I need to go shopping. Where will be our date? It's going to be just a dinner or something more? What should I wear?" Caroline asked now having a million questions running through her head which was the reason why she hated so much surprises and to be kept in the dark, she enjoyed know things so she would know how to prepare even if it was just to a dinner.

"We're going to have dinner. It will be something simple just so we can have some time alone to talk and enjoy each other's company." Klaus said.

"What should I wear?" Caroline asked.

"You don't need to worry about that. You look stunning in whatever outfit you choose."

"I hate your stupid surprises."

"Yet you always end up loving them." Klaus said with a proud smirk, showing his dimples.

"Someone is getting way too cocky."

"Maybe because someone has been for a year with the most beautiful and remarkable woman who ever existed." Klaus said, making Caroline blush.

"I love you, Niklaus Mikaelson."

***

Bonnie woke up with a letter in her nightstand from Kol.

'Good morning, my beautiful feisty witch
You are without a doubt the woman who made me settle down. I know we are still not sure how it will be our future but this time we spend apart, for how much small it was, it was enough to made me see we need to appreciate our time together in the right now. I also know you would never talk to me if it wasn't for that Auction that Caroline organized so I hope you can come to the theater room and have a breakfast with me while watching a movie, being the morning version of what we did in our first date except for being outside part.

Yours,
Kol Mikaelson'

***

It was afternoon and Elijah decided to take Elena to a place to surprise her.

"Elijah, when can I stop being blindfolded?" Elena asked because Elijah made her get blindfolded ever since they left the Quarter, which meant he was driving and she had no idea where they were.

"Alright. We finally got here." Elijah said as he opened the door of the car and took the seatbelt so Elena could get out from the car.

"Meaning I can't take this?"

"Meaning, it's just a little bit more until you can see. Don't worry, Milady, I got you."

"My Lord, you always say the sweetest things. You're sweeter than chocolate." Elena smiled.

Elijah took her to the place and finally let her see where they were, making her find herself in an aquatic.

"Welcome to the Blue Bayou Waterpark and Dixie Landin!" Elijah said. "I thought that you would maybe want to get a small break from all the drama that's been going on and I know how much you love things like this."

"But we don't have any swimsuits."

"I took the liberty to ask Caroline to pack a bag for you. I knew that I couldn't ask you because then you wouldn't be so surprised by this."

"You're amazing!" Elena said and kissed Elijah.

"I believe you will love this. There is Mambo, the World's largest aqualoop, Voodoo, the World's largest darkest Behemothbowl, Azuka, the World's Largest Tornado Slide, Racers, the World's Largest Water Racer and Conja', the World's Largest In-Line Water Slide. And Dixie Landin is more like a Fun Fair Park, which has more than 20 attractions."

"Then what are we doing here? Let's go get dress and experiment all of it." Elena said excitedly.

Elijah smiled and grabbed her wrist, making her turn to look at him, then he pulled her closer to him, caressing her cheek and kissed her softly but as she responded to the kiss it became more passionate.

They both smiled to each other, Elijah thanking the universe for putting Elena in his life because Elena was the only one who was able to make Elijah enjoy life and truly live it instead of just surviving it, while Elena enjoyed being in the arms of the man who made her glad to be turn because it meant she could spend the rest of eternity with the man who can understand her and be there for her.

"I love you more and more each day it passes." Elijah whispered.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one. I can't see a future where we are not together which means you kinda stuck with me." Elena said, making Elijah smile even more and she kissed him.

***

Rebekah wanted to thank Stefan for being so respectful to her when they had been spelled and for being respectful for way longer than that and for dealing with her, for having so much patience specially when it's about her insecurities, so she decided to go ask him out.

"Hey!" Rebekah said when found Stefan in the kitchen.

"Hey!" Stefan said with a smile.

"I was thinking and... I know I already thanked you for how incredible you've been with me but I don't think it's enough."

"Rebekah, the way I'm with you is not because I want something in return it's..." Stefan tried to explain because he didn't want Rebekah to think he was only being so nice with her because of her being hard to get or something like that, he honestly couldn't understand why it surprised her so much that a guy would be so nice to her.

"I know, Stefan." Rebekah said with a smile. "But I want to do something to celebrate us being alright and to thank you for staying by my side."

"Okay. And what do you suggest?"

"I was thinking in us going to Gloria's for a few hours... What do you say?"

"To Chicago?" Stefan asked, not expecting that idea.

"Yeah. Nik has more than one jet. You know how much he loves to have backup plans, it's in case one doesn't work he can use the other." Rebekah said.

"Of course he has two." Stefan said. "And I would love to go to Chicago with you. But I'm expecting a dance or two with you."

"Only seems fair." Rebekah said and they both smiled to each other.

AN: Hey guys! I wanted to make more than one update on Christmas so here you go: 2 chapters.
Next chapter you'll see a bit of Kennett, Elejah in the aquatic park, Stebekah in Chicago and Klaroline's date. Which one is the one you're more excited about?

PS: I hope you enjoy this Christmas fanvideo I found that has Klaroline, Kennett, Stebekah and Elejah 😉