77

It was morning and everyone was already up because they were trying to be prepare once Esther's plan started. Caroline decided to go talk with her mom to see if there was anymore suspicious deaths because she wanted to make sure Lucien, Aurora, Tristan and Aya weren't trying to get the town in more troubles and also because she needed some daughter-mother bonding time. Elena went to talk with Alaric to make sure he was safe and that he knew what was going on. Klaus went to talk with Ansel because he needed to talk with someone.

***

"Son, what is troubling you? I know you and I can see that you are not here just to make sure I am safe. You need to talk about something, don't you?" Ansel asked.

"I do." Klaus said. "As I told you before, my mom told me she had a plan that would get set in motion once she died without accomplish her goal. I know she wasn't bluffing because if she was, she would have the cure. I know it's something horrible and now Lucien, Aurora, Tristan and the rest of the Strix are here because they want to be protected. I believe Aurora is here with second intentions."

"You believe she wants to get back together with you." Ansel concluded and Klaus nodded. "Why is that troubling you? Are you having doubts about your feelings?"

"No. I'm completely over Aurora. Caroline is the love of my life. I just... I'm afraid Aurora will destroy my relationship with Caroline. Or worst... I'm afraid she will kill her." Klaus said, not able to hide the fear he was feeling by just thinking of that possibility. "Aurora was always someone who got jealous and possessive and she could be a bit..."

"Unstable?" Ansel suggested and Klaus nodded. "I saw her from the other side. She was completely obsessed with you and when she turned her obsession got worse and her emotions got more unstable than before. She always seemed to not be able to control her emotions and with being a vampire that only made it get worse."

"What should I do?"

"Just keep telling her you are not interested. And about Caroline... No offense, but since you turned you got many enemies... Caroline might be always in danger. And even if you didn't had enemies, she is part of the supernatural world. This life isn't rainbows and unicorns. This life is filled with danger. All you can do is to be there for her like you've always been."

"That didn't stop Caroline from getting kidnapped by Tyler and Hayley and... getting hurt."

"I know what you are thinking, Niklaus. Don't do it. Don't push her away. You love each other."

"But I just bring her danger and pain."

"You also make her happy and feel special. Every time she looks at you or talks about you, her eyes sparkle. She was the one who saw past your big bad wolf reputation and who saw the man you really are. You two become the best versions of yourselves when you are together. If you push her away, you not only will hurt her but you will also lose the best thing that ever happened to you." Ansel said.

" Ansel said