18

Caroline felt guilty for the werewolves being now no longer on Klaus's side, she knew she hadn't done anything wrong but she kept wondering that maybe it was her fault and if she had been more careful, she would have not been kidnapped and this city would still be in harmony. She needed to do something. She never was one of crossing arms and waiting to the results appear, she always did her best to get the results she wanted and so she sneak out of the Quarter and went to the Bayou to try to talk with Jackson, the alpha of the Crescent Moon pack.

Once Caroline arrived to the Bayou, the small group of werewolves who were seating in a circle looked at her and quickly got up, walking over to her with a look that made her fear her stubbornness but she didn't ran away, she couldn't do that, she would feel like she had failed.

"What do you want?" Jackson asked angry.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I want for us to talk."

"That's probably just a trap. Klaus and the others might be somewhere near to attack us when we least expect." One of the werewolves said to Jackson.

"I came alone and in peace. I just wanted to talk. No one knows that I'm here. I mean, do you really believe Klaus would let me be here after what happened? No!" Caroline said and noticed how the group started to ease a bit.

"Fine. Why are you here?" Jackson asked, showing no emotion.

"I'm here to ask you to give a chance to Klaus and the city. Was there a better way to handle what happened? I'm sure there was. But none of us can think coldly and rationally when someone we care about is in danger and there is no leads. They were concerned about me and the lack of clues made them act without thinking about the consequences. Of course they could have find another way to stop the people who were involved in my kidnapping but they just went with their guts. If one of you was kidnapped and there was no clues, then you find out that was a vampire who kidnapped your friend or loved one, you'll probably during a fight kill the vampire with a simple bite. Look, you can't expect us to always do the right thing, we try but everyone makes their mistakes. Please give Klaus a chance. New Orleans is an important place to him and all he wants is to protect it and to have everyone living in harmony. If you start a war, then you won't just destroy what Klaus and everyone has built to be able to give people harmony but also you will make kids and innocent people get hurt in the process. I know that's not what you want. So, what I ask of you is that you please reconsider your decision." Caroline said and the group looked at each other, communicating without using actual words.

"I'm sorry, Caroline, but we can't do what you ask of us. We understand that the Mikaelsons were concerned about you but this event simply shows that when there's a time of crisis, the Mikaelsons won't think in who they hurt to get what they want. We are already few, we can't afford to lose more people."

"You can think about it. You don't need to give me an answer now."

"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.