28

It was morning, Marcel and Rebekah were the first ones up, so Marcel used that to ask Rebekah to talk in private, so they went to his room, which was spelled.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to say sorry. Last night I stepped over the line. I've been feeling lonely and now all this with Davina made me feel lost and you were there, you've been there since day 1 and I was feeling vulnerable and... Sorry." Marcel said and Rebekah nodded. "Can I hug you?"

"I guess. But it's just a hug." Rebekah said and let him hug her.

He wrapped his arms around his waist and she around his neck, she was expecting him to start kissing her but he didn't, which made her smile because he was now alright with just hugging her.

"Thank you." Marcel said as he broke the hug.

"It was nothing." Rebekah said.

"It was something. I'll try to have more control." Marcel said and she smiled then left his bedroom.

***

Caroline woke up and made breakfast for everyone because she had to keep herself busy from thinking about how guilty she felt about everything that was going on.

"Good morning, Love!" Klaus said as he walked in the kitchen. "You know you don't have to do all this, right? Almost all of us are not human."

"I know. But I wanted to do this." Caroline said and noticed how Klaus looked at her with a serious face. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Even if I appreciate how you were there for me last night and our amazing time in the Quarter... I didn't forgot about you going alone talking with Nandi, one of the oldest and most powerful witches in the city. She could have killed you, Caroline!"

"But she didn't."

"First the werewolves, now the witches... Why are you putting in danger like that? Do you have a death wish? Why do you go to talk to people who would be more than happy to torture you or kill you? Why don't you even let someone know that you're going to talk to them in case something happens?" Klaus asked frustrated with Caroline being so stubborn about helping him that is making her be in more danger.

Klaus always loved Caroline's stubbornness, it was that what made her a challenge and quickly made him see she was way more than that. But even if he loved her stubbornness, this time he hated it. He hated that thanks to her being so stubborn, she was putting herself in danger just to try to help. Klaus thought that after Caroline being bitten by a werewolf, she would stop getting herself in such dangerous situations when she was alone but apparently almost dying wasn't enough for her stop being so stubborn. He didn't just hated her being stubborn with this, he feared what consequences her stubborn actions could have. After a thousand years of stop believing in true love, losing himself and being surrounded by darkness, he found Caroline who was full of light and made him be the person he used to be before being filled with anger, rage, hatred and resentment.

"I can't just seat down with crossed arms without doing anything. You know me. I need to do something. I can't just stay by while everyone is walking around trying to help. I won't let myself being useless."

"You're not useless if you don't get yourself in danger." Klaus said not understanding why Caroline wanted so badly to get herself in those dangerous situations.

"You don't get it, Klaus? This all started because of me! If I hadn't been kidnapped by my ex and his little girlfriend, this city would still be in peace, everyone would still be living in harmony. I... I ruined everything you build and I can't convince anyone to go back to live in harmony." Caroline said. "And now I'm here cooking some stupid pancakes because when I stop all I feel is this guilt. If something happens to Davina I won't be able to forgive myself. She's just a kid. She doesn't deserve this."