69

It was morning and Klaus decided to do something that he knew it would be very painful to him but he needed to do. Last night, he didn't told anyone about what Esther told him, today he was probably going to tell Elijah and have his advice in how to handle everything but before all that he felt like he needed to do something.

"Caroline, we need to talk." Klaus said with a serious face.

"Okay... What is it?" Caroline said with a smile.

"I think we should break up." Klaus said even if it was hurting him saying that.

"No." Caroline said, making Klaus perplexed.

Last night they had one of the best nights of their lives, when they were alone and were just with each other, it was like everything had vanished away and was just the two of them, connecting with each other in every single way, it was more than just sex, they bloodshared, they said over and over again how much they meant to each other and they made love until they were exhausted and then they cuddled, enjoying the warmth of each other.

"Caroline, don't make this more difficult than it needs to be. We are breaking up."

"No." Caroline said, not accepting Klaus suddenly wanting her out of his life.

"I am breaking up with you."

"I don't accept that." Caroline said, crossing her arms.

" Caroline said, crossing her arms

"Well, you have to. You can't obligate me to stay in a relationship with you." Klaus said, upset that Caroline was making the situation more difficult than it was.

"I don't know what the hell are you thinking but I know that people don't break up just like that." Caroline said.

"Maybe I wasn't made for a relationship."

"Nope. Try again." Caroline said and Klaus knew he had to be a real jerk to make her accept them breaking up.

"I don't love you. This was fun but now I think it's time for you to go. The chase was fun but now it was starting to be very annoying how you were always around me. You have been smothering me and I'm tired. I'm done. I don't love you. I never did. You were just a challenge." Klaus lied and tried his best to look honest and without emotion, even if it was breaking him inside while Caroline simply looked at him, taking in everything he said.

"So last night... when you told me that you love me, that I was important to you, that you never cared about someone like you care about me... it was all a lie?" Caroline asked, stepping closer to Klaus.

"I drank and I was happy with the plan being a success." Klaus said.

"Yeah... I don't believe you." Caroline said. "How about you tell me what is the reason you're trying to break up with me? The real reason."

"I don't love you, that's the real reason." Klaus said and Caroline turned around and looked at something she took out of her pocket.

"That's a lie." Caroline said and turned around again to face Klaus, making him see she had the ball that would change colors conform people were being honest or not. "You love me. What is the real reason?"