81

After Nandi left along with Alaric, Ansel, Liz, Damon and Katherine, Klaus walked over to his office and quickly found himself having an attack of rage and throwing things to the ground, breaking things and making the office look that it went through a tornado.

"Nik..." a small voice made it sound, the angelic voice who more than once made him get back to reality and calm down.

"I suffered a lot during my long existence but I never felt true happiness until you accepted me to be part of your life, until you accepted to give me a chance." Klaus said making Caroline give him a small smile. "I can't see you get hurt again. And I definitely can't live knowing that I was the reason you got hurt. You're the one who made me see the good in me wasn't completely gone. You made me see I was capable of being loved and of loving someone. You're so full of light... I can't let you get hurt."

"What are you trying to say?" Caroline asked.

"You need to leave. You need to leave me and never look back. And if you hear I finally become mad, you won't coming looking for me. You will let me be. You will stay away from me."

"No! I won't leave you. I promised you that you wouldn't lose me and I will keep that promise." Caroline said and Klaus got down on his knees crying, making Caroline get on her knees to face him.

"I don't deserve someone as good and kind as you, my love. I don't deserve you."

"Don't say that. You don't give credit to yourself at how good of a person you are. I never been with a man who was so good to me, who cared about me so much, who listened to me, who loved me and even endured my obsessions about cleaning and controlling... You don't deserve all the pain you had to endure but now you have me to help you deal with it. Don't push me away. I never loved and trust someone as I love and trust you. Please don't break my heart. I know you think it's best for me to just leave you alone but it's not... You'll be taking away my happiness and the best version of myself because I can only be the very best version of myself when I'm with you. You're the one who makes me want to be my best self. Please, don't push me away." Caroline said with her eyes watery because she was scared of Klaus pushing her away and of her losing him forever.

Klaus looked at Caroline speechless. He knew they have been dating for almost an year but he could never see how much of an hold he had on Caroline, he only saw how he was wrapped around her little finger but even if he knew she could sometimes be insecure and jealous he never really saw how much of an hold he had on her.

"I love you so much, Caroline Forbes."

"I love you so much too, Niklaus Mikaelson." She whispered and he kissed her passionately, deepening the kiss and neither of them wanting to ever let go of each other.

"I'm afraid that I will hurt people I care about, including you. If it ever comes to it... I need you to kill me."

"You What?! No! No! I won't kill you!"