75

It was night, but not just any night, it was the night of the masquerade ball that the Mikaelsons were invited for.

Elena went with a black dress, a small black mask, some heels and used a red lipstick. Elena was so nervous that felt the need to start eat because she couldn't drink blood, so she quickly started to eat some strawberries that they were serving.

"Why there's so many people looking at you?" Elena asked, noticing many people looking at him.

"I am a big deal around here. I was the founder of the Strix after all." Elijah said.

"And who is that? She seems to be unable to take her eyes from you

"And who is that? She seems to be unable to take her eyes from you."

"That's... Aya." Elijah said and Elena quickly felt tense. "But that's not important now. I would feel very honored if you would dance with me."

"How could I not? You are the founder of the Strix." Elena said with a smile and they went to the middle of the dance floor, starting to dance.

***

Caroline went with a Sherri Hill red mini dress with one shoulder, used a red mask and went with her hair curled like she usually uses. Klaus quickly went to get the two of them a glass of champagne since that was their thing.

"Hello, my sweet love." A familiar voice said, making Klaus turn around to see Aurora, which made him quickly get serious because he was very aware that she would try to get in the way of his happiness with Caroline.

Caroline was looking around the party but quickly heard Aurora, making her look up and down at Aurora, feeling jealous and trying her best to not be jealous but it was very difficult for her.

"No offense, but I don't have time to chat. I'm here for these two glasses of champagne and will take now to my love. I can't let a beautiful woman waiting, can I?" Klaus said, looking at Caroline smirking at her, admiring her beauty and questioning how she could be so jealous of other women and how she could be so insecure.