65

Elena found herself in a dark place and saw Esther with Elijah's coffin, then she saw Elijah's body laying down on the coffin, Elena tried to ran to the coffin but it was like no matter how much she would ran, she wouldn't be able to get to him and save him. Esther took a small white oak stake from her jacket and stabbed him, making Elijah's body start to burn and quickly turn into dust as Elena yelled and cried.

Elena woke up and quickly looked at her side to find Elijah next to her, looking at her with concern.

"Are you feeling alright, Elena?" Elijah asked concerned with her.

"Yeah... It was just a nightmare."

"May I know what was it about? Maybe talking will help. You were the one who told me that." Elijah said, making Elena smile to him, admiring how Elijah still remembered the things she said to him when they were still in the beginning of their relationship, which was many months ago.

"I... I had a nightmare about you. You were in a coffin and your mother stabbed you with a white oak stake. I tried to stop her but it was like I was watching something, I couldn't get to you, the distance was always the same, no matter how much I tried to get to you. Then I had to see your body burning and you turn into ashes." Elena said, feeling her eyes watery because just by thinking of Elijah getting killed or hurt was killing her inside.

It's true that they haven't dated for many years, but, weirdly, she find her bond with Elijah way closer than any bond she ever had with any other guy. She might have not dated many guys but she had great loves, she had her first boyfriend, Matt, she had Stefan and Damon, even if it was simply because of the sire bond, and now that she is with Elijah she sees that it isn't that she loved them less but she never had a love like she has with Elijah. With Matt, it was a teenage love that was nice but never made her feel really in love, with Stefan was more because at the time she was vulnerable and he was a mysterious guy with a big secret, with Damon was just attraction but with Elijah it's different... it's like she is experiencing a different kind of love, a mature one, the kind of love that's not only about the drama and attraction but also about two people caring about each other and sharing each other's ideas and morals. Someone could think it would be boring but it isn't, it makes Elena appreciate even more being with him because he isn't just her boyfriend but also the person she can count on no matter what.

"It was just a nightmare. I'm here. I'm alright. We are alright." Elijah whispered and hugged Elena.

"Elijah, I'm so scared something will go wrong and you... I won't be able to deal with you..."

"Elena, I've been around for a thousand years. My siblings and I found ourselves being threatened by multiple enemies in multiple occasions and we always found a way to survive all their strategic plans. We will be able to handle this too."

"But this time we are talking about your mother and Ancestors." Elena said scared of losing Elijah.

"We are working on a plan. It will work."

"How can you be so positive?" Elena asked.

"Because I need to. I've been around for centuries with the goal of getting Niklaus his redemption. I've been so focus on redeeming my brother and on making my family be whole again that I forgot to enjoy life... but then you appeared in my life and you made me get out of my comfort zone, making me see life with other eyes, making me want to do things for me. You made me see that I also deserved to be reckless and enjoy life. You made me feel more alive and happy than I ever had. I can't let myself believe that when I finally have my family together and happy, and when I'm finally happy with someone as incredible as you, who makes me feel so loved and cared for... I can't let myself believe that now that I have everything I could ever wish for, I'll have someone ruin this. I won't let that happen." Elijah said and kissed Elena.