51

"Alright. Let's do this, little witch." Klaus said and hold hands with Davina and Caroline while Liz hold hands with Klaus and Caroline.

Klaus and Liz found themselves in a white hallway.

"Please tell me this didn't go wrong and that this isn't heaven."

"If it was heaven, I wouldn't be here." Klaus said and saw Liz still worried. "This is a place where vampires have all their memories, their most important ones, the deepest ones, but they are plenty. We should separate."

"Alright. Let's start this so I can have my baby back and lecture her about almost giving me a heart attack." Liz said and Klaus nodded and they both went to their separate ways.

***

Klaus opened a door that made him see Caroline talking with Bonnie in a booth at the Grill and he could tell it was when Caroline was human.

"Why didn't he go for me? How come the guys that I want never want me?" Caroline asked drunk.

"I'm not touching that." Bonnie said.

"I'm inappropriate. I always say the wrong thing... And Elena always says the right thing." Caroline said and Bonnie gave her a look. "She doesn't even try and he just picks her. And she's always the one who everyone picks for everything. And I try so hard and... I'm never the one."

It broke Klaus's heart listening to Caroline talking like that. He now noticed that her insecurities about Elena come from when she was human and that maybe it was the reason Caroline felt insecure about Tatia, even if she is dead.

The images vanished and so Klaus went back to go find his Caroline.

***

Klaus opened a door where he saw human Elena and human Caroline in the garden of the Salvatore Boarding.

"You're being ridiculous." Elena said with a smile.

"And insecure and stupid but that doesn't change the fact that Matt's always gonna be in love with you and I'm always going to be the backup." Caroline said upset.

"You're not the backup."

"Yes, I am. I'm Matt's Elena backup. I'm your Bonnie backup."

"What? Now it's about me and Bonnie?"

"You don't get it. Why would you? You're everyone's first choice."