29

After everyone had the breakfast Caroline made, Bonnie went to try to contact another ancestor, someone more powerful, who could give her more answers about what was going on.

"Bonnie Bennett. The witch who went against the ancestors wishes." The woman said.

"I need to know why none of you will help me get Davina better."

"Easy. Because she stopped being loyal to the Ancestors. We take loyalty very seriously, my dear."

"Davina is just a kid."

"I know. But this wasn't my decision. I never wished to see a child suffering for getting in troubles, but what's happening it's not really up to me."

"Then who is it?"

"The oldest and most powerful witches in here. That stone might help you but without a doubt won't give you much time to catch up with them and figuring what is going on."

"Why don't you help me get Davina back on her feet? She's just a kid! She doesn't deserve this."

"No one ever told you what happens when a witch becomes an ancestor instead of just finding peace, did they?" She asked.

"I was told witches who become ancestors would be in charge of helping other witches and trying to maintain the balance." Bonnie said, quickly realizing she wasn't aware of everything.

"Alright. So you've been told the best case scenario. That's a start. Here's the thing. Too many witches die without finding peace for having unfinished business. The first witches to get in here did that but as time went on, more witches appeared in this place and when many people are in charge, there's always more arguing than actually anything being done. Witches decided to no longer make decisions but that changed once Klaus got back this city. As you might imagine, most witches aren't big fans of him, not only for them thinking he is an abomination of Nature but also because of the destruction he caused during his existence. They didn't agree with witches, werewolves, vampires and human co-existing, they believe that is just a way for Klaus to have the witches on his side when needed, most witches in here believe that witches need to be the ones in power and not Klaus, an hybrid who killed more witches than I can count."

"I'm sure not every ancestor agrees with what is happening."

"Of course not. But the most powerful ones are. The less powerful, like me, can't do much to stop them because they can punish us in the most painful way. Since Klaus got back to New Orleans, the Ancestral Plane got again a leader, and it's not just any witch, it's a very powerful one, who has powerful allies. Believe me, I don't want to see children hurting but... I'm not powerful enough. Sorry."

"How are they making the witches so loyal to them? Are the witches being threatened by the Ancestors?" Bonnie asked.

"We both know the answer to that." The woman said and vanished away.

Bonnie was about to light the candles again when Kol went to see her and noticed Bonnie's nose bleeding.

"Darling, what do you think you're doing?" Kol asked as he handed her a tissue to help her stop the bleeding

"I think I'm close to get more answer and to find someone who can help us with Davina. I can't stop now."

"Yes, you can. You're bleeding! You can't put yourself under so much pain. People might need your help but we also need you to be alright... I need you to be alright."

"How can I be alright when I can't even help Davina getting better? When I can't talk to anyone who can help me? When the ancestors seem to be always deny any help or be too afraid to stand up to the most powerful ones?" Bonnie asked upset. She was upset at herself for feeling so useless.

"Darling, you will figure this out. You're Bonnie Bennett! You're the most beautiful and incredible witch I ever encounter and I've met plenty of them. You do what's right even if it causes you pain and you're always there for others. You're fantastic! Why do you think from all women, you're the only one who truly caught my eye?" Kol said, making Bonnie blushed, as she put out the tissue and no longer felt that she was bleeding.

"I love you." Bonnie whispered and kissed him.

***

Elena and Elijah were in the library of the Quarter trying to find a book they haven't seen before or that could be helpful. There was so many books that was impossible to make sure they saw all of them.

Elijah noticed Elena being very tense from all the stress so he asked her if she wanted a massage and she couldn't say no to that.

"Elijah..." Elena moaned, making Elijah repress a groan.

It's been more than a year since they got together but even time didn't stop Elena's moans making Elijah getting tense and wanting to please her more and more.

"Can you get to my lower back?" Elena whispered, feeling Elijah's hands moving to her lower back and starting rubbing her muscles, making her moan. "That's it, Elijah..."

Elijah kissed Elena's shoulder and moved his hands to her lower back, under her top, massaging her, now feeling her soft skin. Elena started to feel Elijah being very excited, which only made her moan more, enjoying being able to get him like that even when she wasn't trying to.

Elena turned to face Elijah and kissed him passionately.

"What do you say about making love to me right here and right now?"

"In a place it's meant for learning and knowledge?" Elijah asked shocked and Elena nodded with a smile. "I should say no but... I can't deny you anything."

Elena smiled and blushed slightly then kissed Elijah softly, quickly things turning more passionate. In that moment, it was just the two of them enjoying being with each other, there was no time nor place, it was just the two of them pleasing and loving each other.