17

Once Kol got to the Quarter he told how the conversation with Nandi went down and how he couldn't understand how naive the witches could be about the ancestors.

"And what did Davina said?" Bonnie asked.

"She said she was on our side about this and by the end I got in an argument with her because she didn't like me mentioning how she could be sometimes just one of those people who follows what others say blindly without questioning it." Kol shrugged. "Why do you ask?"

"Just curiosity. And... don't you want to sort things with Davina?" Bonnie asked.

"I know that right now Davina is the only witch on our side but I won't apologize for saying what I think." Kol said.

"What about your friendship? This might hurt your little friendship." Bonnie said, not being able to contain anymore how jealous she was.

"Are you jealous, darling?" Kol asked with a smirk and Bonnie gave him a look. "There's no reason for you to be jealous. You are so much better than her and any other woman who ever lived."

"Why did you prefer to go with her and not me?" She asked upset.

"Because I was afraid Nandi or other witches would hurt you. I dealt with many things but I can't even deal with the possibility of you getting hurt. Just seeing how weak you got, was incredibly painful, if something worse would happen to you..."

"It won't." Bonnie quickly said and kissed him. "I'm sorry for how I was... I just... I know how you used to have so many woman around you and... I sometimes wonder if it's complicated for you to be in a serious relationship..."

"Darling, with you all those things I thought were awful and complicated about serious relationships are now easy. Or maybe not as much complicated. Now, I'm happy to be just with you and that you are just with me, I'm happy that we are not only there for the good moments or the wild ones but also for the bad ones. I've never had someone by my side who cared so much... I know I have my siblings but I wasn't even worthy to be in that bloody pact of Always and Forever... They barely mention me when telling other people about our family, for them I'm simply the child one who stays in that bloody coffin until they realize that I also exist and..." Kol said with a hurt look and was cut off by Bonnie hugging him tightly.

"Your siblings love you. They just aren't the best in showing it. And I hope you know that I see you more than a man who can act like a child from times to times. I also see in you how you can love someone deeply, how protective you are, how smart you are, how caring and how amazing you are."

"What about incredibly handsome?"

"I think your ego is already big enough." Bonnie said and they both chuckled, then she smiled to him and said. "I love you, Kol Mikaelson."

"I love you, Bonnie Bennett." He said and kissed her firmly yet tender.

***

Elena was back from talking with Alaric and he didn't had much so they could go on so Elena went to the library, trying to find a way that they could make the ancestors see they weren't the bad guys they saw them as.

"Elena, you've been here for hours. You should make a break."

"I still haven't found a single thing, Elijah. Not even a small clue! I don't deserve a break. The ancestors used people to make Caroline be some collateral damage and they hurt Bonnie just because she used dark magic to help Caroline. What if they do something way more awful next time? I already lost my parents and my sibling. I can't lose my best friends too. They are the sisters I never had. I couldn't handle another lost, Elijah... I just couldn't." Elena said in tears, making Elijah quickly hug her.

"We will find a way to stop that from happening. Don't worry, Angel Heart." Elijah whispered as he hugged her.

Elena felt weak and found herself losing balance, she simply didn't fall because Elijah was hugging her.

"How long have you been without blood?" Elijah asked concerned, breaking the hug but still holding her.

"I don't know... I've been so worried... I forgot." Elena whispered and Elijah quickly bite his wrist and looked at her in a way to ask her to drink.

Elena grabbed Elijah's wrist and drink his blood, enjoying the taste of his blood while Elijah was too concern to even think about how personal this was, he could only think about Elena without any blood in her system and how it could be worse if she would be alone.

Elena stopped drinking from his wrist, got closer to him and bite his neck, no longer for the need of blood but for the desire of his blood.

"W-We should probably stop." Elijah said, making Elena stop and look at him confused. "You're suffering and worried and... I feel like I'm taking advantage of that if I'll let this go further."

"You know that if that's a reason to not be with me, then you might as well get a purity ring." Elena jokes but Elijah didn't laugh because he knew that joke had some truth in it, somehow his family was always getting in trouble and with Elena was the same thing, making him get even more concerned about Elena.

"I'll kill anyone who tries to hurt you."

"Don't be overdramatic. Klaus is already more than enough." Elena said. "I was only joking."

"I do want to be with you, Elena. I hope you know that. I just don't feel right using the fact you're vulnerable to be with you."

"I know. Not every guy would be so caring... Most guys as soon as they saw an opportunity to have sex would just go with it. But you are different. You care about me enough to stop us from having sex." Elena said. "Which only makes me appreciate even more every single time we make love."