72

It was morning and Elijah was getting dressed to go talk with someone, when Elena woke up.

"Hey..." Elena whispered in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning, Milady. I did not wish to wake you up."

"You didn't. Where are you going? Stay in bed a little bit longer..." Elena asked and Elijah had to fight his desire to go back to bed and have Elena in his arms.

"I wish I could but I have some business to attend to. I won't take long."

"Alright. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more." Elijah whispered and kissed her then put his shirt on and left the room.

" Elijah whispered and kissed her then put his shirt on and left the room

Elijah went to see Alaric to warn him about what could happen next.

"What is it, Elijah? You seemed very worry on the phone." Alaric said.

"Apparently, before dying, my mother told Niklaus that she had a plan in case she wouldn't be able to accomplish her goal. We don't know what will happen, we just know that it can be more chaotic than it was when my mother come back." Elijah said.

"What can we do?"

"Not much, since we have no idea in what consists this plan nor who will be involved." Elijah said. "The reason I came here it's because I know that Elena won't leave this place willingly if she sees my siblings and I are in danger. I never cared about someone like I care about Elena. She was the one who made me truly feel alive, she has this giant heart... and I cannot let something happen to her."

"What are you trying to say, Elijah?" Alaric asked.

"I need you to make Elena leave me in case things get really dangerous. I prefer to have her away from me and safe than around me and hurting."

"She won't let me take her away from you if things get difficult. That's not Elena."

"I know... But you'll have to. Even if that means making her leave against her will or... making her forget about me and my family." Elijah said.

"You can't ask me to take her memories from her. That's too personal." Alaric said.

"I am aware of that. I wouldn't ask such a thing from you if it wasn't for the well-being of Elena."

"I know that you love her and that you just want her to be safe so I will promise you I will get her out of here in case things get really bad but I won't make her forget about you."

"Thank you. I truly appreciate your help." Elijah said and Alaric nodded.

" Elijah said and Alaric nodded