76

After Klaus ended his dance with Aurora, saying she wasn't someone he cared about, Aurora quickly left the party upset and Lucien went after her because even if its been a thousand years, he was still completely in love with her.

"Don't you think you were a bit harsh on her?" Caroline asked Klaus.

"I had to talk like that with her. If I hadn't talk like that with her, she would keep believing there would be any kind of change for the two of us of getting back together." Klaus said then asked. "Why are you so upset with the way I talked to her? I thought you didn't like her?"

"I might not love to be around your ex but I also know what's like to love a guy who just is a jerk to you while being a perfect gentleman to the other girl. It sucks." Caroline said looking down.

"You're talking about you and Damon, aren't you? I can easily make him pay for everything he did to you. Just tell me and..."

"No! I don't want more drama and I definitely do not want more people getting hurt. What happened it's in the past and I've moved on. Please do that too."

"Fine. But just because you want me to." Klaus said. "And I know I might have sound like a wanker but Aurora is someone who can be very obsessive and if you don't be upfront with her even if it's harsh, she won't believe you and she will keep believing she is right. I just wanted to avoid her getting in the middle of us. Being in a relationship with you is the best thing that ever happened to me."

"I love you so much, Nik." Caroline whispered and kissed Klaus with everything she had.

" Caroline whispered and kissed Klaus with everything she had

***

Elijah went to get a drink while Elena kept eating a few strawberries because when she was nervous she either drank blood or ate.

"Elijah Mikaelson. I'm very surprised you decided to show up after all this time." Aya said as Elijah waited for the bartender to get him the drinks he ordered.

"I was invited. And, to be honest, I wanted to see what happened to the Strix." Elijah said.

"What were you expecting? That after all this time we would follow you? We had to move on."

"All of you swore loyalty to a serpent who seized control to this fellowship, all in the name of furthering his tyranny." Elijah concluded.

"Seize control?! Is that how you rewrite history? You ran like a coward, leaving Strix to be slaughtered by your mad father." Aya said, still feeling upset with what Elijah did in the past.

"I ran because I had to. I couldn't take any of you with me, it would be too dangerous. I was obligated to flee. But you couldn't see that and as you became upset, you felt hatred grow and so you decided to put a man child in charge of this group." Elijah said.

"At least he didn't left us. Unlike you. You didn't gave us a proper goodbye you gave us... not even me. After what we went through, you still left like if it was nothing. Now that you and your family are in trouble, you suddenly decide to be part of this group again so you can have our protection. Forget it."