80

Lucien wanted to leave New Orleans Because now that Elijah was again in charge of the Strix, it was only becoming more dangerous to stay in the same place as the Originals but Aurora wouldn't leave and Lucien couldn't just leave her. He had loved her for a thousand years and leaving her was not an option so he kept on trying to convince her.

"Aurora, can't you see every day it passes by, we only get in more danger?"

"I don't care. Niklaus almost killed my brother. I can't leave that unpunished. If you want to leave me, then leave. I can't let Niklaus get away with almost killing my brother."

"I would never leave you, Aurora. You know that." Lucien whispered, holding her hand, making her look at their hands and smile to him.

"Does that mean that you will stay and help me?" Aurora smiled, knowing very well how much of an hold she had no Lucien.

"Of course." Lucien said bowing to Aurora who smiled and their moment was interrupted by Tristan.

"What's going on in here?"

"Nothing. I was simply talking with Lucien about how Niklaus needs to pay for what he did to you." Aurora said, walking over to her brother who smiled to her. "I thought I would lose you... It was terrible."

"You'll never lose me." Tristan whispered and kissed Aurora's forehead.

"Tell us about your plan." Lucien said and so Aurora told them what was her plan.

***

Elijah was in the dungeon with Aya, who was now waking up.

"Why didn't you kill me? You know the rules."

"My family pointed out that, unlike what I thought, there's things that were created with the purpose of breaking."

"You were always one to follow the rules. But then again, you made us believe you were always a man of your word and you left when your father appeared and slaughtered us."

"I came back! I thought you were dead! I couldn't go on with the Strix. It was too dangerous." Elijah said.

"Why didn't you kill me?" Aya asked, with handcuffs that had chains to the wall. "You could do it... unless... you couldn't let yourself to kill me..."

"I don't believe killing would be the best way to win back the place that was mine to begin with." Elijah said.

"Or maybe you still have feelings for me." Aya whispered with a smile. "Maybe you thought your little doppelgänger was making you happy but then I appeared and made you see what you missed out on."

"Don't talk about Elena in that way." Elijah said, grabbing her by the throat and Aya quickly wrapped her legs around Elijah's waist.

"Do you still have feelings for me?"

"No." Elijah said, taking her legs off of him. "If you try to do something like that again. I will think better about my choice of letting you stay alive."

Elijah then left to his room and took a long shower in his private bathroom.

***

Rebekah was in the living room with Stefan and he was noticing that she was off.

"What's wrong, Bex?" Stefan whispered and kissed the top of her head.

"Nothing."

"I know you. It's not nothing." Stefan whispered.

"My Mother said she had a plan in case she wouldn't succeed but until now nothing out of ordinary happen and the wait is killing me. Not knowing until when we can be okay it's killing me. I just want to enjoy being happy but I can't because then all I think about is what my mother said before dying and maybe her plan involves you dying. She didn't said anything about you dying but she said the people close to us, the people around us, would get hurt and if something happens to you... I just got you back..."