4

Alaric was saying goodbye to Elena because the party was over and everyone was now leaving.

"Alaric, are you leaving? I thought you were going to stay. It's late." Elijah said when noticed Alaric and Elena saying their goodbyes.

"Yeah! Why don't you stay, Ric? This place has so many rooms available... It's already so dark out." Elena said concerned.

"I'm a vampire hunter. I can handle myself. Besides, now this city is finally being safe to live in." Alaric said. "I might have been mistaken about you and your family, Elijah."

"I told you Elijah was the guy in shinning armor." Elena said with a smile, glancing at Elijah who was smiling at her, happy that she saw him in such a highly way.

"I'm glad you can see that my family and I are more than the stories we are known for. Although I have to admit that this peace was only possible thank to your help, Elena's help, Caroline's, Bonnie's and Stefan's. If it was only my siblings and I, it would be way more complicated to get people on your side, much less make them compromising into living in peace with different creatures."

"Just keep making sure everyone is safe. I've seen already many innocent people die. I don't wish to see more." Alaric said.

"You have my word that I will do everything in my power to make sure everyone is safe

"You have my word that I will do everything in my power to make sure everyone is safe." Elijah said.

"Goodnight, Elijah." Alaric said and then focus his attention back to Elena. "Elena, I'll text you when I get home. I love you."

"I love you too, Ric. Please, be careful."

"Always." Alaric said with a smirk and left.

Elena turned to look at Elijah and couldn't help smiling widely at him.

"May I know what is that look for, Milady?"

"I just enjoy seeing you and Ric finally getting on good terms."

"Me too. I have to admit, for awhile I thought that talking with Mr. Saltzman would always end in disagreements but I'm glad I was mistaken about that matter and that now we are able to have a conversation and stay in the same room without making the ambient uncomfortable."

"You know you can call him Alaric, right." Elena said and he nodded. "And I appreciate how much you've tried to get along with him. I know he wasn't exactly easy at first and that it took some time for him to stop making threats and all that but at least now you can have a conversation without ending in a fight so... that's real progress."

In the meantime, Bonnie was drunk so Kol took her to their bedroom.

"Kolly..."

"You really love that nickname, don't you, darling?" Kol said, not enjoying the nickname but because Bonnie liked it so much he wouldn't ask her to stop using it.