61

Once Caroline got back to the Quarter, she went to her bedroom, where she found Klaus drawing like if his life depended on it. She knew he got more intense with drawing when he was upset and nervous but she never saw him like this. But who could blame him? In one day he had a horrible dinner with his mother who wants to make him human again, he found out his first love was killed by his own brother and his biological father come back from the dead. It was a lot to process in such a short period of time.

"Hey..." Caroline whispered, making Klaus look at her.

"Hello, Love! Back already? I was starting tot honk that you would spend the night talking with that man."

"I talked a bit with him and I took him to Ric's place so we could make sure he was safe and he wasn't planning anything against you. Which I don't think he is."

"How can you believe in people so much? How can you believe in his intentions when you barely know him?"

"Because I talked with him and he seems to really want to spend time with you."

"He had 20 years to do that when I was human. Why didn't he do that? And he only came back because of my mother. She says it's just to show me that she wants to redeem her mistakes but I don't believe that her intentions are so pure. Last time she was back from the dead, she tried to kill me and my siblings. Why this time should be different?"

"I can't even imagine how complicated this must be for you. It was a lot to take in and... I just think that you should at least try to have a talk with Ansel."

"Why? Why should I even give him a chance to talk to me? He didn't seem to care enough about his bastard son when he was human. Why now the change of heart?"

"Because now you have a chance to go talk with him, to ask him all these questions that you have and maybe you can have a nice relationship with your father."

"Why do you care so much if I have a nice relationship with my father?" Klaus asked, not understanding why Caroline was insisting on Klaus giving his biological father a chance.

"Because now you have a chance to be with your real dad and you might have a father you deserve. Whenever I start to think about Mikael, it breaks my heart that you suffered so much and that you didn't had a father who showed you affection, but with Ansel things might get different. You deserve to have a father who loves you and cares about you. I can see that you hate the fact that you didn't got a good childhood. You didn't deserve to suffer so much in such a young age... and even if your childhood is over, it doesn't mean you can't recreate new memories with your biological father. He spend every single day on the Other Side watching you. He loves you. And he wants to be here for you now that he was brought back from the dead."

"My mother brought him back. What if I give him a chance and this all ends up being a trap from her? What if she convinces Ansel to work with her in getting us to human bodies and then kills us?" Klaus asked.

"If that happens, we will deal with it... together. I will always stay by your side no matter what. Besides, I know about heartbreak which also means I know what to do to get better." Caroline said, making Klaus smile of himself.

"Caroline Forbes, you're the love of my life." Klaus said and kissed her passionately.

" Klaus said and kissed her passionately

***

Elena and Elijah were in their room and Elena was trying to figure out how to start the conversation she wanted to have with Elijah.

"Elena, you seem troubled. Is there something wrong? Do you need me to get you something?" Elijah asked concerned.

"I just... I... I think we should talk... you know... about what your mother said at dinner." Elena said, feeling nervous.

"Is this about my mother's awful comment about Tatia and doppelgänger's?" Elijah asked and Elena nodded. "Elena, I love you for you. I see you for your personality, not for your physical appearance." Elijah said making Elena give him a look. "I might have expressed myself the wrong way. What I'm trying to say is that even though you are beautiful, I fall for you not only because of that. I fall for you because of you being so kind, so nice, so smart, so funny and so appreciative of the small things in life that if it wasn't for you, I would never notice it. You made me appreciate being alive as an immortal. No one ever was able to do that. You made me go after my own happiness. You make me happy every single day."

"Keep going..." Elena said with a smile, making Elijah smile.

" Elena said with a smile, making Elijah smile

"I love you for being unique. I never met a woman like you before. My mother might believe that I fall for you because of you reminding me of Tatia but that's not true. Tatia was never able to commit to someone for a long time. She enjoyed having all men of the village begging to court her but you... You don't mess with people's feelings, unlike Tatia and Katerina. You are honest with your feelings and you don't like to see people fighting over you, in fact you simply don't enjoy seeing people fighting. I love you so much, Elena. Please don't doubt of my feelings for you."

"I don't. I know I shouldn't have let your mother make me get so insecure but she was your first love and... I look exactly like her."

"Just because you look similar to her, doesn't mean you are like her. You are one of a kind. And no matter how many doppelgänger's this world will have, I'm sure none will be so good-hearted and so incredible as you." Elijah said and kissed her but then looked at her a bit uneasy. "Do you asked that because you have unsolved feelings for Stefan? I know he wasn't your first love but I know how you two had such an epic love story."

"Stefan and I had a great love story but now when I see Stefan, all I see is a friend and when I see you, all I see is the person I want to spend the rest of eternity with. You are my ultimate love story, Elijah Mikaelson." Elena said with a smile and kissed him.

" Elena said with a smile and kissed him