31

The Mikaelsons, Stefan, Caroline, Elena and Bonnie were now in the Quarter, enjoying the fact that Davina was alright which meant for now thins were awful.

Klaus took Caroline to their room so they could speak in private.

"Love... I wanted to thank you for how you've been always here for me. Not just when Davina was feeling down and I had no idea what to do to help Marcellus. In everything... You've always been there for me. I don't know what I did to deserve your trust, your loyalty and, most of all, your love."

"Nik..."

"Please, let me finish, Love." Niklaus said, making Caroline Shut her mouth and nodded so he could continue. "I have done so many terrible things during my existence, I've became someone the most feared creature walking among the earth, and I have always been proud of being the big bad wolf... but with you... with you I don't want to be the big bad wolf, I don't want to be the most feared creature. I want you to see me as someone who can do right by you, who can protect you and who loves you more than anyone ever did. I might have done many awful things but I don't have any intentions of doing anything that could hurt you in any way, when it comes to you, my intentions are pure and all I want is to make you feel happy and loved. Make you see the ravishing and astonishing woman you are. I love you and I'll always be there for you. Always and Forever."

"Always and Forever." Caroline repeated and kissed Niklaus.

They looked at each other and smiled, enjoying being together without worrying about what might happen next, something that they haven't been able to really enjoy lately.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted." Caroline sighed. "I shouldn't have gone talk with Jackson and Nandi behind your back. I thought that I had to solve that because this all started with me being kidnapped but I was wrong... We are together and if I knew you were getting yourself in a place you could've die, I would get also pretty upset because I... I just can't picture my future without you. I love you, Niklaus Mikaelson. You're always saying how you're lucky to have me and how you have no idea what you did to deserve me but... I'm also very lucky to even have you looking twice at me, let's not even talk about you wanting to be with me. I know I changed for the better once I turned into a vampire but I never thought and I still don't think that I deserve to be with someone so loving and protective and who makes me feel like a Queen... I've always felt like the back-up and you changed that, you made me feel noticed and what was like to be The One. I promise I'll always be here for you. Always and Forever."

*Meanwhile*

*Meanwhile*

Elijah and Elena were in the library because Elena wanted to talk with Elijah in private.

"Is everything alright?" Elijah asked.

"Everything's fine." Elena said with a small smile. "I just wanted to thank you for how you've been." Elena said and before Elijah could say anything, she kept talking. "I know that you were just being the great boyfriend you always are but... I've been very stressed lately with Davina being unconscious and Bonnie being so overwhelmed without me being able to help her and... you simply stay by my side, staying calm, being my rock, like you always are. You know, I used to think that I should be in a relationship with someone who gives me happiness and passion but you give me so much more than that, you give me support, respect, trust, love... You give me everything I need even when I don't know I need it. What's been going on would probably make me way more overwhelmed but I had you by my side and that was what made me keep going without falling completely apart."