78

Klaus suddenly felt uneasy and he felt that something very bad happened or would happen, so he called Caroline to make sure she is alright but she didn't answer, Klaus then called Liz because he knew she left the Quarter to go see her mother.

"Hello?" Liz said, answering the phone without seeing who was it.

"Hello, Liz. It's me, Klaus. Do you happen to be with Caroline?"

"No. She left a few minutes ago. Why? Is everything okay?" Liz asked.

"I think so. I called her and she didn't answer so I thought she was probably talking with you and didn't heard her phone." Klaus said because didn't want to worry Liz without being needed to.

"Alright. But if she keeps not answering, tell me something." Liz said a bit concerned.

"Will do." Klaus said and after saying their goodbyes he hung up.

Liz tried to focus again on her paperwork but her mind quickly went back to her daughter. Liz knew Caroline could take care of herself but she's a mother and it's difficult for her to not worry. Liz went to get a glass of water to calm herself but suddenly she let the cup fall and break into pieces as she felt something was wrong, which worried her even more.

In the meantime, Klaus went to the Quarter and looked for Caroline but no signs of her.

"Hello, old friend! You seem concerned." Lucien suddenly said, getting into the Quarter without any permission.

"I have no time nor am I in the mood to listen to you." Klaus said and was about to leave but Lucien grabbed his arm, making Klaus look at him with his patience quickly vanishing away.

"We have another proposal for you. It's something you can't refuse." Lucien said with a smile.

"We?"

"Klaus Mikaelson. We still hadn't the privilege to greet each other after so many years apart." Tristan said appearing from nowhere.

"What do you want?"

"Nik, we already told you what we want. You didn't want to be helpful so we had to make an offer you could not refuse." Aurora said appearing with a smile.

"What did you do?" Klaus yelled upset, without patience for their little games.

"What's going on?" Rebekah asked getting to the living room with Stefan, Bonnie, Kol, Elena and Elijah.

"Aurora, her brother and Lucien are playing games in order to get us to protect them."

"Shouldn't be the other way around? I mean if an Original dies, all vampires of that bloodline will die too." Elena said.

"That is why we wanted to offer you our protection while you offered us your protection but that wasn't enough to convince Klaus." Tristan said.

"So we had to think about another offer." Lucien said with a smirk.

"Care to elaborate?" Elijah asked, not enjoying how vague they were being.

"If you don't offer us your protection we will keep Caroline hidden. You won't be able to see her ever again." Lucien said.

"Where is she?" Bonnie asked, concerned.

"Don't worry she's perfectly safe..." Aurora said. "In a box stuck in the bottom of the ocean."

Klaus without even thinking grabbed Aurora by the throat but Lucien quickly intervene and pushed Klaus away from Aurora.

"Where is she?" Klaus yelled.

"We told you." Lucien said. "But if you want the coordinates, then you'll have to promise us our safety, but if we start to see you're not protecting us, we will have to make sure you'll be punished by breaking your promises."