46

Klaus heard Caroline morning his name, but it wasn't in the good way he was so fond of. Klaus tried to wake her up but again with no success.

"Klaus, my daughter is strong. I'm sure she will get over this." Liz said, trying to comfort Klaus but also trying to not lose hope because she couldn't handle losing her daughter.

"I'm sorry, Liz. I wasn't able to protect your daughter. I should have known better. I shouldn't let her get into my life, I knew she would get in danger but I was too selfish..."

"Don't apologize for being in Caroline's life. My daughter loves you with all of her heart. She needs you. Since you've been with her, she became more confident, more sure of herself, she is now happier than she ever was. You know... Caroline always has this thing for bad boys. I thought it would just give her heartbreaks but then you appeared. You, the one who was suppose to be the baddest of all the bad boys, but strangely enough, you didn't broke her heart, you were the one who was able to glue her heart back together and made her feel special. I know you have a bad reputation but you are the man my daughter deserves and all I ask of you is that once she wake up you will keep making her happy and you'll make sure she knows she's extraordinary."

"Just like her mother." Klaus said because he and Liz have been growing closer since Caroline got in this state.

"Oh, no. I'm simply ordinary. But my daughter... Well, she's meant to do extraordinary things. Unfortunately she has this tendency to not believe in herself that much, that's why she needs you. You need to remind her of how incredible she is."

"Of course. I won't let her forget." Klaus said and then looked at unconscious Caroline. "I have no idea what she saw in me?"

"Neither do I. But I still remember back in Mystic Falls, when you two were, and I'm quoting her: just friends and nothing else, I noticed how defensive she became of you... If someone would say something bad about you, she would be the first to defend you. I never saw her so overprotective of someone. She is protective of the people she cares about but she was never that protective. I think she saw the person you were before you turn and I've noticed how she brings out the best in you, and you do the same to her. That's why you need each other so much." Liz said, making Klaus smirk a bit. "But if you hurt my daughter in any way, I'm going to find a white oak stake, torture you and then make Caroline kill you herself. I'm simply warning you because I care about you too."

"Thank you." Klaus said, happy that Caroline had a mother who loved her so much.

***

Rebekah was in Stefan's bedroom crying, feeling guilty for not telling Stefan all she felt for him, wondering if he would die not knowing how she felt about him.

"Original Blondie, May I have a moment with my brother." Damon said, entering the room, not noticing she has been crying.

"Whatever, jerk!" Rebekah said, cleaning her tears and leaving but Damon grabbed her arm, when noticed she was in tears. She turn around to face him, making him see her eyes all puffy and red from crying. "What do you want?"

"Sorry. I... What happened?"

"Why do you care?" Rebekah asked, crossing her arms.

"You like my brother don't you?" Damon asked and Rebekah avoid eye contact, simply confirming Damon's suspicions. "Stefan is obsessed with you."

"He is not!" Rebekah denied, not accepting that fact.

"He is. He calls me almost every day so we can check how the other is doing but we always end up talking about you and how he is so in love with you. I've never saw him like this... not even with Elena. I mean, sure he loved her but... it wasn't this intense. At first I thought this was just his dick thinking, because he is been like a freaking Pope. I don't know how he is not always masturbating..."