83

Rebekah asked Stefan to talk in private with him, so he took her to his room, to not have the problem of someone listening to their conversation.

"What is it, Bex? You seem off."

"I just want to tell you that if things start to get bad... like really really bad... I'll understand if you leave."

"I won't leave you. I spend so long fighting to be the man that you deserve. I finally am with you... I won't leave you. I don't want to even think of a future where we are not together. I know we just got together but I've been falling for you every single day for a year. I can't get over how amazing you are. I know I did many mistakes and one of them was being a jerk to you when you appeared in Mystic Falls but I've learn from my mistakes and I will do everything in my power to stay by your side." Stefan said.

"What if you get hurt? I don't want you to get hurt. I want you to be safe, even if it means far away from me."

"Don't do this, Rebekah. I know you had guys who left you and betrayed you but I won't do that. And I know you that you act sometimes like a bitch but I also know that you do that because it's your way to protect yourself. Please don't try to make me leave you, because I don't want to leave. I want to stay and fight with you. I want to be here for you."

"Then you have to promise me one thing." Rebekah whispered.

"Anything."

"If I d..." Rebekah was saying but Stefan quickly shook his head, denying that scenario to come true. "Listen to me, Stefan. If I die... I want you to get the two doses of the cure, decide what to do with them, look for a woman who loves you and cares about you, so you can spend your life with her and be happy."

"You are the woman I want to spend my life with."

"But if I die I want you to move on. I want you to find a woman who's worthy of your love and who makes you happy. I want you to have a happy life. My dying wish is for you to built a happy life for yourself and enjoy life as much as you can."

"How can you use your dying wish to ask me this?" Stefan asked, feeling his eyes watery, not wanting to imagine a future where Rebekah wouldn't be part of his life, where Rebekah wouldn't even be alive. "I promise I'll do my best to have a  good life." Stefan whispered, seeing this was very important to Rebekah. "I can't promise about being with another woman because I can't see myself with anyone else but you..."

"I am very sorry for making you wait so long to give us a chance. And when I gave us a chance we were in the middle of all this trouble... We can't even enjoy doing some normal girlfriend-boyfriend things."

"Maybe we can." Stefan said, making Rebekah look at him confused. "We never know when this creature will appear. And I think a few hours of us being gone won't be a big problem."

"What's your idea?"

"Go to the movies." Stefan said and she gave him a look. "I know it sounds boring but I'm pretty sure that a normal couple goes to the movies, where the guy watches one of those romcoms you girls love just to make you happy and enjoy spending time with you."

"You want to go to the movies because usually a couple makes out during the movie."

"I won't deny that I would love that to happen but you want to do things normal couples do and going to the movies is one of them." Stefan said.

"Okay. So what movie?"

"It's your choosing."

"Whatever I want?" Rebekah asked and Stefan nodded. "Even Nicholas Sparks movies are okay?" Rebekah asked surprised and Stefan nodded in agreement. "And you won't fall asleep?"