48

It was night and everybody was in their rooms sleeping, or at least trying to sleep.

Kol was in the bedroom looking at Bonnie and suddenly she woke up with a gasp, making Kol quickly hug her tightly.

"Bonnie? Darling, are you okay?" Kol asked softly with tears in his eyes, not being sure if Bonnie waking up was just a dream

"Is this another hallucination?" Bonnie asked with her voice trembling while examine the room.

"No. This is real."

"Then prove me." Bonnie said, not sure in what to believe. "Prove me that you're real."

"I'd be more than happy to prove you I'm real, if you know what I mean." Kol said with a smirk, making Bonnie smile and hug him tightly.

"I missed you so much. I even missed your big ego." Bonnie said with a smile, then asked. "Was I the only one who got in this state of...?"

"Elena, Caroline and Stefan were also in the state you are in... and they still are."

"What? Why? They need to get back. It's awful... I wasn't simply sleeping I was being in contact with my most insecure and worst part of me. Longer they stay in that state the worse it will be." Bonnie said, worrying about her friends.

"You're back because I've accepted an offer that was proposed to me. I didn't told anyone about me accepting the offer. I simply told my siblings someone come back from the dead and gave me an offer, which was getting you back. And it worked." Kol said with a forced smile.

"What are you not telling me, Kol Mikaelson?" Bonnie asked, not enjoying the not knowing what was going on.

"My mother come back from the dead, she's now possessing a witch. She appeared this morning when I was alone and gave me an offer which was getting you back, so I took it. I couldn't handle anymore seeing you in so much pain."

"Something tells me she didn't brought me back just with the goodness of her heart. What did she ask you?"

"It's not a big deal. She simply wants to think what she did by turning us into vampires, meaning she will put my soul in a witch's body." Kol said.

"What? You can't do that! Why would you do such a thing?"

"Because anything is better than having you in pain!" Kol yelled frustrated and Bonnie just gave him a look, making him take a deep breath and say calmly. "It isn't such a bad thing if we think about it. We both will be mortal and witches, I'll finally be able to give you everything you might want, I can give you kids and grandkids, we can grow old together, we can do everything a normal couple does. I know that you were okay with turning but I wasn't, I know what's like to lose your powers, you lose this connection with nature and you lose a big and important part of yourself, it's like part of your identity was taken away from you. This way we can be together and you don't have to lose your magic."