96

A few days after the Void/Shadow being destroyed, Klaus went to talk with werewolves and gave them an entire building so the pack could live in New Orleans and near each other, because that was something very important to packs. Klaus also talked with the witches and made Nandi and Bonnie being the ones in charge and representing the witches, making sure they would practice their duties and would have their needs and requests satisfied, while Elijah and Elena represented the vampires and Liz and Alaric the humans, so everyone could live in harmony.

Of course it took awhile to everyone believe that this time New Orleans would actually see peace between the different creatures but soon enough they realized Klaus was actually doing a good job as the King but only because he had Caroline by his side, making sure he wouldn't do anything irrational.

As the months passed, the werewolves, witches, vampires, hybrids and humans started to see that they were living in a good environment where all the supernatural creatures could co-exist and even the ancestors were now realizing all the bad things they've done thanks to the influence of Esther and because of that the Ancestors made her no longer be an Ancestor and made her find her peace.

To celebrate how Klaus was able to get his kingdom to recover from everything that happened, he decided to throw a party and of course Caroline got excited and ended up being her the one bossing around his hybrids and servants.

***

It was finally the night of the party, everyone who was aware of the supernatural world was invited and was dressed up as best as they could because this was going to be the party of the year.

Klaus was talking with Marcel when he sensed Caroline, making him quickly look at her direction and see her walking into the room with a stunning mermaid dress with strapless neckline, a fitted torso and a fit and flare shape, Caroline's hair was up and she was wearing natural makeup and a necklace. Once Klaus recovered from how astonishing she was, he walked over to her with a smile.

"Good evening, my Queen! You look absolutely breathtaking." He said, making Caroline smile and blush.

"You don't look too bad yourself." She teased him.

"Would you give me the honor of dancing with me, my love?" Klaus asked with a smile.

"No one is dancing."

"I believe someone needs to open the dance floor. Why not us? So... Shall we?" Klaus asked offering his arm, which Caroline gladly take it.

They both went to the center of the room and started to dance, at first it was very formal but slowly they forgot about how everyone's eyes were on them and started to get closer and simply dancing slowly, as close to each other as they could, wit...

They both went to the center of the room and started to dance, at first it was very formal but slowly they forgot about how everyone's eyes were on them and started to get closer and simply dancing slowly, as close to each other as they could, with Caroline resting her head on his shoulder, enjoying his touch and how it was as much exciting as the very first time.

"You know... I'll understand if you decide to not... you know..."

"Why are we having this conversation? Are you having doubts?" Klaus whispered as they kept dancing.

"No. But I don't want you to feel pressured."

"I want this, love. I have been wanting this for a long time. I don't see a reason to keep postponing." Klaus whispered. "Actually, I believe I should make the announcement right now. Come with me, love."

Klaus went to the stairs and made sign for the band to stop playing, making everyone stop talking and dancing to focus on Klaus.

"Good evening, everyone! I'm really happy that you could all make it. As you know, our city went through a lot this year, but like a Phoenix we returned from the ashes better and stronger than ever. I'm very proud of our city. I could only do all this with the help of my family." Klaus said because he already considered Caroline's friends as his family. "And of course, my Queen, Caroline Forbes. She is the one who keeps me from doing any rush decisions and was the one who had the idea of each supernatural creature had one of their own to represent their needs and requests. And as we can all see it, this brilliant idea coming from my Queen is working out and that is why I decided it was time for me to leave New Orleans, now that is now at peace... The people who represent each creature knows each other and can very well make decisions that will make sure everyone will keep living in harmony. We will also keep checking on everything that is going on in here and if something happens we will come back but for now we decided to take some vacations. So this was not only a party to celebrate our triumph as a city but also for us to say goodbye and wish you the best." Klaus said and lift his cup. "To New Orleans!"

"To New Orleans!" Everyone cheered and drank, then Klaus and Caroline kissed while everyone applauded.

Once Klaus and Caroline were back, their friends and family went over to them to celebrate their decision.

"So... where are you taking my daughter?" Liz asked curious.

"First I'll take her to Paris, maybe I'll show her Rome after and then I might also show her Tokyo..." Klaus said and Caroline blushed, remembering how he once told her he would show her all those places. "I told her I wanted to show her what the world has to offer. I'm a man of word when it comes to Caroline. I just needed to let things settle down first."

"I'm glad

"I'm glad. My daughter is absolutely extraordinary. She was meant to do extraordinary things and she deserves to see all the amazing things the world has."

"I'll make sure she will." Klaus said.

"And, Caroline, you better call me every single day."

"Don't worry. I'll call you every single day and I'll text you also during the day." Caroline said and hugged her mother.

"Son, I'm very proud of you. You not only made a town to get back on its feet, but you also did great things during your existence. And I know you endure a lot of pain but now you finally are with your mate. You deserve all her love and all the happiness in the world. And remember, no matter what happens, what gets in your way, when you have people you love by your side, anything is possible."

"Thank you, dad." Klaus said, trying not to show how emotional he was and quickly hugged him.