16

Bonnie reunited the Mikaelsons, Elena, Caroline and Stefan in the living room to tell them about her Grams contacting her. But before she said anything, she waited until everyone was in their spot, Klaus was seating in an armchair with Caroline on his lap, Rebekah was seating between Elena and Stefan and Elena was next to Elijah with her head resting on his shoulder and holding his hand.

"You seem to be feeling better, Bonnie." Stefan said in a cheerful tone.

"I am. The ancestors seem to be done with punishing me but I'm not very happy with all this because I... well, my Grams, she contacted me and she told me that she thinks the ancestors are planning on doing something bad and using people's fears to get against Klaus and cause him pain, that's also why they probably made that witch help Tyler and Hayley. They knew that by hurting Care, it would hurt Klaus. Now they are making me get better and there's a chance I'm only better because they are getting ready to put their plan in action."

"And what would be that plan?" Elijah asked.

"Using fear to make witches be against us, and specially against Klaus. But I'm not sure, these are only theories that I have about what will happen."

"They can do whatever they want, they can try to torture me or kill me. I just care about Caroline's safety. I won't let them hurt Caroline again." Klaus said.

"I can't let you get tortured by anyone, being witches, ancestors or anything else. If they hurt you, they are hurting me. I love you and if something happens to you." Caroline said.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to me. I'm the Original Hybrid."

"Klaus just said he is the original hybrid, everybody drink!" Kol said making Klaus growl.

"Promise me you won't be reckless and get yourself in danger." Caroline whispered.

"I promise, love." Klaus whispered and gave a peck on Caroline's forehead.

"We need to do something. We need to make sure we are prepared for whatever the ancestors might plan on doing." Rebekah said.

"I should go talk with the witches." Bonnie said.

"No. They might have heard of you using dark magic. They won't care to listen to you right now. I'll go." Kol said.

"You're a vampire. They might not dispose you but they sure won't listen to a vampire who's talking bad about the ancestors." Bonnie said.

"Then I'll go with Davina. She was here too and she's an Harvest girl. I'm sure they will listen if I'll have her on my side." Kol said.

"Oh... Alright. If you think that's best."

"I just don't want them to hurt you, darling." Kol whispered and kissed Bonnie softly.

"I will talk with Alaric. He can be helpful and at least he can be aware of how things are." Elena said.

***

Kol was now walking on the street with Davina by his side.

"Why didn't Bonnie come if she's feeling better?" Davina asked.

"Because the other witches might know what she did to find Caroline and will probably hurt her. We don't want that to happen."

"I thought Bennett witches were powerful."

"They are. But she's also human. Besides one against God knows how many isn't really fair." Kol said and then he entered in Nandi's store with Davina.

"Davina! Oh... You're with Kol." Nandi said as her smile quickly fade away.

"We need to warn you and the other witches about something."

"Would that be the fact Bonnie, the one who claims wants peace and harmony for the witches, is actually practicing dark magic which is against what we stand for."

"She did it to save her friend, someone innocent."

"Vampires aren't innocent. But clearly your judgment is clouded if you are spending time with an Original, from all people..." Nandi said and Davina rolled her eyes.

"Shouldn't be the creature people are who defines them. Not all witches are good and not all vampires are evil. Caroline is not evil and the ancestors didn't care and decided to use her as collateral damage." Davina said.

"I get you don't like me, witch. But you can't believe that kidnapping and torturing someone is good. Specially when it's someone who makes my brother, the big bad wolf, actually care about others. If Caroline wasn't here for him, I'm sure he would get the witches on his side with way worse and way more painful methods than the ones he did. He even let Bonnie, who's a powerful witch to guide you and listen to your concerns, so you would all have someone to count on and only asked to stay loyal to him in return. Unlike Marcel, he didn't make you stop using magic, he didn't kill you just for you doing what you are meant to do..." Kol said.

"Nothing you can say will change my mind. The ancestors know what's best and they don't need to say anything for me to see that for how much Klaus tries to do good, darkness will always find him and destroy everything and everyone that stand by his side. Besides, if he wanted to have peace with witches, if any of you Mikaelsons wanted that, you wouldn't kill that witch. But in the end all you can think about is revenge and bloodlust."

"How can't you bloody see that the Ancestors are messing with you just to hurt my family? They don't care about you, they only care about themselves and whatever they want." Kol yelled angry.

"Nandi, all we ask is for you to put on Bonnie's shoes. She just wanted to help her friend who was missing. If it was with you, wouldn't you do the same thing if there was no other way?"

"There's always another way." Nandi said. "And I advice you to stop spending so much time with this family. They are poison. If you stay by their side, soon they will be your downfall."

"In the end I only stand for what I believe in and, now, happens to make me be by the Mikaelsons side."

"You should be more careful, little one."

"You know what? You act all smarty-pants but when it comes to that, you are simply dumb and naive. Even if the ancestors make you think you should get in a fight, can't you see that starting a war will only make everyone suffer, witches included? I mean, it doesn't take a genius to see a war and the break of the harmony pact will make everyone go back to how it was or even make it get worst. You're stepping in dangerous territory and it won't only hurt you, it will hurt everyone. But I won't stay here any longer just to get my beautiful voice tired, you don't deserve it. You are clearly one of those who just follow without questioning. It doesn't make you a big leader. Bonnie, unlike you, questions everything to see what's right and wrong. That's why she is and always will be better than you or any other witch. Unlike you, she can think for herself." Kol said and left the store, having Davina quickly following him.

"You know? Not all witches follow things blindly."

"Oh! Did I hit a nerve? It's not my fault that what I said can also be implied to you."

"No, it can't! I don't just follow rules without questioning."

"What about all the times you gave Marcel the localization of witches practicing magic?"

"He made me believe it was for him to see if they were trying to hurt me again. I couldn't even leave that attic. It's not the same."

"It is. You didn't even question if he was being honest with you or what he would do to the witches. You simply obeyed him." Kol said and when Davina was about to argue he used his vampire speed to go back to the Quarter.

AN: Hey guys! I hope you're liking the story so far. What are you thinking so far? I'm trying that it has a bit more of drama but I'm also trying that the drama won't stop the story from being sometimes sweet and from having some humor. If you have suggestions and/or opinions, please feel free to share them with me.