3

In the middle of the dance, everyone changed partners so Caroline had to dance with Tyler, Klaus with Camille, Hayley with Elijah, Elena with Kol and Bonnie with Marcel.

Klaus tried not to show it but he felt the need to look at Caroline and Tyler to make sure they wouldn't be too friendly because even if he knows Caroline isn't the kind of woman who betrays people, he couldn't help feel jealous, Tyler was her first big love after all.

"So... Klaus... Congratulations on getting your throne back and giving peace to this city and make everyone live in harmony. That's not an easy task." Cami said, trying to make conversation with Klaus.

"Thank you. Although I didn't do that task all by myself. I had help." Klaus said.

"You're being modest. You're the King. You made this city better. You're like the angel who brought peace to this city."

"Don't be fooled. I'm the devil in disguise." Klaus said with a smirk and Cami smiled to him.

"Klaus really does have a type. Blonde and innocent." Tyler whispered, making Caroline glance at Klaus dancing with Camille and smirking.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Caroline whispered annoyed at Tyler's behavior.

"Do I really need to say?" Tyler asked and Caroline simply gave him a look. "Don't you find odd how comfortable he is around Cami? Maybe it's because he has a thing for blonde women who are innocent."

"Seriously?! If you are trying to suggest Klaus is thinking in replacing me with Cami or cheating on me with her, then you have a lot of nerve... If I recall correctly you were the one who cheated on me and broke my heart. Klaus never did that."

"I was lonely."

"And how do you think I felt when I had my boyfriend God knows where with God knows who to break the side bond and never calling me? Just to discover he was sleeping around with a werewolf he found in the middle of his little trip." Caroline whispered upset, trying to not start a scene.

"I was in a place with bad reception. I couldn't call anyone. And I was scared that Klaus would find out where I was and what I was doing." Tyler whispered and pulled Caroline closer to him. "I made a mistake. If I could go back, I would stop myself. You have no idea how much it hurts me that I've lost you."

"Well, you can't." Caroline whispered. "And I don't understand why you keep talking about this. You're with Hayley."

"I am. But I still have feelings for you. And I'm sure you're not indifferent to me."

"Of course I'm not. I care about you, Tyler... but as a friend. We are friends. I'm in love with Klaus."

"How can you be in love with that monster?"

"You should go." Caroline said, quickly stepping away from Tyler, done with him judging her and Klaus and trying to get in the middle of her relationship with Klaus.

"You are joking... right?" Tyler asked.

"If you're going to stay here, you need to stop talking like that about Klaus. You need to just be my friend and try nothing else. You need to behave."

"Is everything alright in here?" Klaus appeared, noticing things getting tense between Caroline and Tyler.

"Yes. I was just telling Tyler that I feel like a break from dancing. Why don't you go back to your dance partner while I go talk with Bekah?" Caroline asked, glancing at Cami who was smiling at Klaus.

"Or how about I get us some champagne?" Klaus suggested, making Caroline smile. "Mate, why don't you go dance with Camille?"

Before Tyler could answer, Klaus took Caroline to the person who was giving drinks and asked for two glasses of champagne.

Hayley stopped dancing with Elijah to go see Tyler and find if he was alright, Tyler wanting to talk in private with Hayley, he took her outside, while everyone was inside dancing or drinking.

"What is it? Are you upset that Klaus and Caroline are drinking instead of her paying attention to you?"

"No! I just... I don't like to see Klaus so happy. He is probably just with Caroline because she used to be with me. I'm sure he is only with her to try to get to me because I broke the side bond and help his other hybrids into doing the same thing." Tyler said upset.

"It looks like it's working. If you like Caroline why are you with me?" Hayley asked upset and jealous.

"I like you, Hayley. I just don't like to see Klaus using my friends."

"So... Caroline is now just a friend for you?"

"Of course. I'm with you." Tyler said and kissed Hayley with lust.

In the meantime, Rebekah was drinking in the kitchen with Stefan, they were drinking in the kitchen because Rebekah wasn't in the mood for a big party and so Stefan gave her the idea of the two of them going to someplace where no one was and they could just drink and have fun without all the fuzz.

"Thank you for staying here with me." Rebekah whispered feeling buzzed. "You didn't had to, you know?"

"I know. But I didn't want you to be alone while everyone was having fun. And I also wasn't loving being in that party. It's a good party but I was not in a mood. These parties are more for Klaus and Caroline."

"They really are quite the pair..." Rebekah whispered to herself, then looked at Stefan with a serious look. "I don't deserve how caring you've been to me. Last year, I made you wait for me to be ready to get in a relationship and for me to learn how I was on my own... then when we seemed to get closer, Marcellus appeared and... You don't deserve this. I'm a mess. You should grab the doses of the cure and leave. Why are you still here?"

 Why are you still here?"

"Because I like you. And I will never take the cures from you. They were a gift. No matter what, you'll always have them. Like I told you, it's for you and the one you want to spend your human life with and in case that person will be human, you can give the other dose to whoever you want." Stefan said. "And, just to be clear, you deserve everything."