Natasha & Bruce ⇛ Thank You

Plot: You are an orphan who lives at the city's orphanage. You have given up on hope of getting a family. But, one day, you get adopted into the safest and best family anyone could ever wish for.

You dropped your tray into the tray pile then went to the play room. The play room didn't really live up to it's name, but it kept you distracted. Your orphanage was actually not that bad, the ones you see on tv look old and yuck and strict. But really, it's not that bad, it just got so boring and you felt like you were in a never ending cycle. All you ever wished for was to get adopted, you wanted to have a normal life again. When you were 6, your parents passed away in a car crash, right after they dropped you off at childcare. Everyone thought you wouldn't really understand as you were so young. But it really cut your insides into a million pieces. You are a very smart girl, way smarter then you should be for your age. Your whole life, you have been doing work that was at least two years older then your age group's work. So when your parents passed on, it really hit you, like a bus with spikes at the front and bottom, running over you at full speed. So of course you were moved to an orphanage. You've been here for about 1 year as you were 7 years old now.
"Bed time girls and boys, please head to your rooms immediately. We will be checking halls and rooms in about 5-10 minutes." The loud speaker made you jump. You put down the crayons and picked up your toy. Every child had a toy they carried around, like they would cry whenever they misplaced it. Normally, it would be a cute teddy bear or a cute little pony. But yours was not that at all. It was soft, but it was not a bear. Your parents always said the Avengers would protect you if anything happened. Really, you didn't know who they exactly were, but you were told they were superhero's that protect the world. This really inspired you, ever since you could remember, you had always wanted to be a superhero. Not 'Daddy's Little Princess', but hearing that did make you feel special. Your special toy was a shield, apparently it's the Captain's Shield. Whenever you had nightmares, your parents put on your chest, saying 'the shield will protect you, nothing can ever damage it or you.' You smiled at the thought, then entered your small room. Normally everyone has a room mate, and you did, but not anymore. You and your roommate were best friends, you had fantasy's that you would get adopted together. Like you, she was why smarter then her age. After getting ready for bed, you looked around and sat down. The room was tiny and pretty bad quality. But you had to be grateful, it's how you grew up. After thinking for a few minutes, you closed your eyes and eventually drifted off into a deep sleep.
Nat's POV
I grinned and immediately woke up Bruce who was sleeping soundly next to me.
"Bruce! Come on, today is the day!" I wacked him with the pillow until I saw him wake up.
"I have seen you have this much energy in years." I rolled my eyes and got changed, feeling Bruce's eyes on my back.
"Perve." I poked my tongue at him then ran out to the kitchen.
"Hey! You're my fiancé!" I heard him call after me. Steve, Tony, Wanda, Vision and Sam were all sitting and eating breakfast. They all smiled at me, knowing what day it was and how special it was for me.
"Hey Nat, you excited?" Steve asked.
"Excited is an understatement! I was always told I'm never going to have kids, I guess they were half right. I never thought of adopting but here we are!" I grinned and drank some orange juice.
"I'm so excited for you!" Sam smiled.
"Me too, what age are you going to get?" Tony asked, seeming actually curious.
"We are hoping around 7-10, that's our ideal age."
"Ah good, I'm not going through the baby stages again." Tony rolled his eyes then went back to his news paper.
Some of the Avengers had settled down and started a family or is hoping too. Like Tony and Pepper, they have a beautiful baby boy named Ben.
"I'm still the God mother right?" Wanda asked, smirking.
I grinned "Of course! And all of you are still very important to our little girl's lives. You are all going to be her family."
They all grinned and high fived. I could tell they were excited about this kid. Bruce and I decided to get a girl, we just wanted something new as Tony has a boy.
.:. Time Skip .:.
"Hi, I'm Bruce and this is my Fiancé Natasha."
I smiled and shook the ladies hand. She must be a worker or who runs the place, she also seemed very nice.
"Lovely to finally meet you! Now let's discuss what we are looking for."
I smiled and then talked about what kind of girl we wanted, like age, personality etc.
"Perfect, I have a few girls in mind, I will call them down now. Do you mind going into the room on the left? It's just like a play room, it's more comfortable for the girls." She smiled at us then we wondered into the room, looking around.
"Can i please have Madison, Holly, Leah and Y/n down to Playroom 3 please. And bring your beautiful smiles!"
I heard the lady on the loud speaker call the girls. I looked at Bruce and hugged him.
"This is it, we are going to meet our beautiful girl." He said, I could tell he was just as excited as me. The worker opened the door and the 4 girls entered the room, smiling and looking at us. They all looked so adorable, i could tell it was going to be hard. Well.. maybe I take that back.
"Bruce you see her?"
He turned his head in the direction i was looking.
"Now that is meant to be."
I smiled, seeing a little girl holding a stuffed toy of Captain America's shield.
Your POV
"Girls, this is Natasha and Bruce, they are looking for one of you to adopt! Now before we can play, let's put on our name tags!"
You walked to the worker and got your name tag and put it on. Natasha and Bruce looked at you so you smiled back, blinking your big e/c eyes.
"Alright so this part is simple." The worker turned to the young couple.
"We let the girls do their thing in the playroom. This means you can see how they function and what their interests are. Whilst they are playing, you have the chance to talk to them and interact with the girls. I will be here sorting out paperwork if you have any questions."
"Sounds great!" Natasha said.
"Let's go play!" The worker grinned.
You smiled then walked over to the 'puzzles'. They weren't really puzzled but they occasionally challenged your brain. You clutched onto your toy and kept it close to you at all times. The couple talked to the other three girls for a while, you were starting to loose hope.
"Hey... Y/n!" You turned around and saw them walking over to you, looking at your name tag. You smiled at them the went back to your puzzles.
"Hello, I'm Natasha and this is my partner Bruce."
You smiled at them.
"I'm Y/n!"
They watched you do your puzzles for a little bit.
"That looks quite complicated, you must be very smart." Bruce said softly.
You nodded slowly.
"I usually get work which are for people who two years older then me."
They looked impressed, making you blush a bit. You dropped your toy and you gasped a bit. But you saw Natasha pick it up and look at it before giving it to you.
"Do you know what this is?" She says softly.
You nodded then looked it at.
"My mum and dad always told me it was the Captain's shield from the Avengers. They told me if anything happened, the Avengers would always be there to protect me. If I ever had nightmares, I would hug my toy because it made me feel safe."
There was a pause.
"Do you know who the Avengers are?" Bruce said.
"Superhero's is what my parents told me."
Natasha smiled.
"Yeah they are, a group of superheroes who save the world." You looked into her eyes, they sparkled, you seemed to recognise her, and Bruce. But you can't figure out from where. Oh, you sort of remember.
"You guys remind me of someone. Mum told me about the superhero's, you guys look like two of them."
They smiled and gave you a pat on the back. You watch them walk over to the worker.
"I hope that wen my well." You whispered to yourself.
.:. Time Skip .:.
Okay, it definitely went well. They adopted you! You couldn't believe it, you hadn't spoke the whole car ride. Not because you were scared, you were just so amazed by the outside world. Your eyes were locked on the window and your face was pressed up against the glass. You finally arrived 'home' and you gasped. It was huge! Massive! You leaped out of the car and held Natasha's hand, she smiled at you. A man opened the door and they spoke for a bit, then he introduced himself.
"Hey Y/n, I'm Tony! I live here as well, we are all like a big family here." He smiled and gave you a hug. You grinned and hugged him back.
"Hello Tony!"
You held Nat's hand again and walked into the main room, and alot of people were there. But you didn't feel overwhelmed, something about them made you feel safe. They introduced themselves and you hugged your 'Godmother'. She was stunning and super nice!
"Steve, what are you wearing?" Natasha said and walked over to him, they spoke for a bit. You had your mouth open. He was holding the shield, the shield.
"Hello Y/n, I'm Steve, also known as Captain America. And I believe you are have my shield." He smiled at you then hugged you. You looked at Natasha, with a confused expression.
"Y/n, Bruce and I are your new parents and we are apart of the Avengers, you live with the Avengers."
You gasp and Bruce hugs Nat, they were obviously paranoid. You turned around and hugged your new parents.
"Thank you mum and dad." You grinned and let Bruce pick you up. They looked at each other and grinned.
"You're the best!"
—————————-
A/n
I'm so sorry, this one is quite long! But welcome to my.. book..? 😂 hopes you enjoyed the first story!