Bucky ⇛ I Know You Can Hear Me

Plot: You are in a coma due to a failed mission. The team and your boyfriend, Bucky, are always by your side. They start to loose hope, but Bucky doesn't.

"Today nothing much happened, I bought some plums and that was about it." Bucky's voice was hoarse.

The team decided to visit you in hospital today, well the do most days. Why are you in the hospital? Well, it happened in a mission a while back. It was meant to be a simple straight in, get Hydra's information, then out. The memory replayed over and over again in Bucky's mind. 

.:. Memory Replay .:. (Everyone's POV)

  It was just you, Bucky and Tony, the others stayed back in the jet.  Quickly, the three of you raced in, eager to get it over and done with. At first, you guys thought it was easy, because it was. But Hydra new what was happening, what the team were doing. It was Y/n's job to collect the USB, whilst Tony and Bucky protected. That's why the bomb only affected her. Out of nowhere, Y/n was pushed out of the room and through the window. This was from the air pressure of the bomb. The window wasn't that high, she could have landed with only cuts and a broken bone. But, it was the way she hit the ground. It caused her to go unconscious straight away. 

"Y/n, please wake up." Bucky spoke softly. 

"Is there a pulse?" Natasha said through the ear piece.

Tony stayed by her side while Bucky checked for a pulse. Finally he responded.

"It's faint."

With that, she was taken to the hospital and the nurses confirmed that she was in a coma. That was 3 months ago.

.:. Back To Reality .:. (Your POV)

You wanted to respond, you wanted to tell them you were okay. But you just couldn't, your body would not let you move. It hurt, not physically, mentally. Seeing them all here, well hearing them more like it. You could hear the pain in their voices, especially Bucky's. He has been through so much, you hated putting him through more. You heard movement and their voices.

"Come on Buck, we can see her tomorrow." This sounded like Steve.

"I can't leave her, she might wake up." Definitely Bucky's voice.

"We will get a call straight away if she wakes up, you know that." That was Natasha, and that was the softest you had ever heard her voice.

"Just one more night, then I will come home." His voice rose a bit. 

There was silence then they finally agreed and said goodbye. You felt people gently hug you or stroke your hand. Desperately, you tried to smile or give them a hint that you could hear them. You just simply couldn't. 

"Morning doll." You heard Bucky's voice, then soft lips on your forehead.

"I know you can hear me, so, I guess I will confess." You were confused, very.

"I- I was going to propose to you. It was going to be a romantic date in the park, fairy lights, a lovely pond, a picnic. You always told me your dream date, so that's what it was meant to be."

A feeling swept over you, you don't know what it was. But it made you feel stronger, like you were so close to being able to move a muscle.

"Yes, you're in a coma. But I am still going to do this. Y/n, will you marry me?" 

That's when it happened. That's when the feeling of strength came over you. Before you knew it, your eyes fluttered open. 

"Yes" Your voice was croaky, you don't even remember telling yourself to say that. 

It was that exact moment where you knew you would never let him go, and he would never let you go. The way his face instantly brightened up, when you both kissed and when he put the ring on your finger. Maybe, just maybe, it was love that made you wake up. You would never know.