Clint & Natasha ⇛ One Last Battle

Plot: Instead of just Clint and Natasha going to Vormir, you came along as well.

Backstory about you cause I feel like this works better for the story: You're the youngest Avenger, around 18 years old. Clint and Natasha have always been parent figures to you, you three are all incredibly close.

"I'm coming with you guys and that's that."

"Y/n, this one seems incredibly dangerous." Nat turned to you.

"Why can't I save the world too? I'm just meant to stay here panicking while you guys are all in different years trying to find tiny stones? I'm not doing that. Please, what if something bad happens to one of you?" Your voice saddened.

There was silence between the remaining Avengers. Nat and Clint turned their backs to you and starting murmuring. Eventually they turned back round.

"Okay, you can come with us."

Natasha pulled you out of the memory from this morning.

"You okay?"

"Yep."

She gave you a reassuring smile then went back to helping Clint fly the jet. They flew for a little bit until Clint spoke up.

"May wanna hold on back there."

You nodded then gripped your seat. Suddenly the jet zoomed off incredibly fast. Bright lights filled the windows, it was honestly quite beautiful. Natasha and Clint looked at each other and grinned, then made a few comments on Budapest. They both turned to you, who was smiling like a dork at the surroundings. It always made them happy to see you like this.

Eventually the view faded away and the jet landed on 'Vormir'. A bad feeling swept through you, but you ignored it. The three of you began climbing up the huge mountain where the 'soul stone' was apparently located.

"I bet the raccoon didn't need to climb a mountain." Natasha complained once they neared the top.

You and Clint laughed then kept walking, then the top came into view. A mysterious, low voice echoed slightly. All of you pulled out a weapon and pointed it at the black... floaty thing.

"Welcome..." He greeted you three with each of your full names and your parents names.

You could tell Natasha was uncomfortable, anything about her past made her tense. The Red Skull revealed how to retrieve the soul stone, sacrificing a loved one. At first you didn't quite understand, but then you did.

You, Clint and Nat were silent, either pacing, sitting or just thinking.

"Okay we have to do something." Natasha finally spoke.

"I know." Clint's voice was quiet.

Everyone got up and looked around, then at each other. You looked to the bottom of the large cliff, it was terrifying.

"Maybe he's making this shit up." Clint walked around.

Natasha shook her head.

"I don't think so. Thanos left here with the stone and left without his daughter, I don't think that's a coincidence."

"Whatever it takes." You whispered.

They both said it too, making you all look at each other. All three of you came together in the centre.

"If we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead."

Both Clint and you nodded.

"I think we all know who it has to be." You said.

"I guess we do." Clint nodded.

Natasha nodded as well.

"We do."

Clint reached for you and Natasha's hand. It made you relax, all three of you holding each other for the last time. It was hard to look at them, but you did. Determination filled their eyes, as did yours.

"I'm starting to think.. we mean different people here." Clint looked at both of you.

"For the last 5 years I've been trying to do one thing to get to right here. That's all it's been about, bringing everybody back."

"Don't get all decent on me now."

You stood there, watching them both, your eyes slightly filling with tears. It seemed like they immediately ruled you out, no question about it.

"You think I wanna do it? I'm trying to save your lives you idiots." She turned to you again.

"Well I don't want you to." You chimed in.

They both looked at you with sadness in their eyes.

"You both know what I've done. You know what I've become."

"Well we don't judge people on their worst mistakes."

"Well maybe you should..."

"You didn't." You looked at him sadly.

"You guys are a pain in my ass, you know that?" He whispered.

You and Natasha smiled slightly. The three of you rested your foreheads together, you knew it would be the last time your family would all be together.

"Okay, you guys win." Clint smiled and pulled apart.

You smiled, so did Natasha. Then he suddenly kicked you both to the floor.

"Tell my family I love them." He jumped bit, the adrenaline hitting him.

"Tell them yourself." You got up and used a spare rope on your suit, lassoing around his feet and whiplashing him onto the floor.

You started running, but felt a shock through your body. You fell the ground, Natasha looked at you as she ran closer to the edge.

Clint managed to get up and shoot her path with an explosive arrow. He was now closer to the edge. The shock wouldn't wear off, it paralysed you. The two most important people in your lives were fighting to their deaths, and you couldn't do anything about it...

Clint raced closer to the edge, but Natasha leaped after him, pulling him with her. You heard a few thuds then saw a grappling hook fly up. After what felt like ages, the shock wore off. You wasted no time at all, straight away you got up and limped over to the cliff. You needed to give them more support. So you used your famous rope and lassoed it onto Natasha then quickly securing onto a rock. Now it was near impossible for either of them to fall. They were both confused, they thought you were taken care of.

"Y/n. You can't do this." Clint's voice never sounded so... broken.

"I have to. This is what I was meant to do."

"You are still so young, you can't do this, it's not fair." Like Clint, you never heard Natasha sound like this.

"You gave me what I always wanted, what I needed. A family. You two sacrificed your time, taking me to school, putting up with my breakdowns, you two went out of your way to take me off the streets and made me into what I am now. A hero. That's all because of you two, it's now my turn to give back to you."

"P-please don't." A tear fell down his cheek.

"Y/n you can't. Let me do it, or let us figure it out." She let a tear fall as well.

"Thank you for everything. I love you 3000."

Everything felt like it was in slow motion, you turning around, letting our legs give way, the feeling of being free and seeing your family for the last time. Your vision went black before you could feel the impact and hear the cries of your teammates.

At least now you knew you did something right, you saved the world.

——————-
I WENT THROUGH THE PAIN OF WATCHING THAT SCENE AGAIN FOR THIS STORY AND IM CRYING SO HARD I MISS NATASHA SO MUCH HOLY SHIT

anywayyy....
is anyone else confused as to why red skull didn't actually use Natasha's real name?

hoped you enjoyed that sad story cause i'm a miserable human <3 <3