Steve & Avengers ⇛ Not Right

Prompt: 'In small words, can somebody tell me why I am on this mission?'

"Look Y/n, please this is really important to me." 

"Steve, I don't do that anymore. I just want to try to live a normal life for once." You sighed.

"I respect that and I don't normally do this, but don't you owe me a favour?" You could tell he was smirking on the other end of the phone line.

You thought for a few seconds.

"Crap." You muttered.

He chuckled.

"So, what am I doing?" You asked hesitantly.

He gave you where you had to be at what time. Not really anything else. After the call ended, you went to your closet and pulled out a bag. The zipper was stiff since you hadn't touched it in years.

"Well, here we go." You mumbled.

.:. Time Skip - The Fight At The Airport .:.

Your boots slipped on easily over your tight leggings. You raised an eyebrow, 'that was easier then I thought.' You stepped out and saw Steve and the others on your 'side' standing there. 

"You made it!" He grinned and gave you a hug.

"Yeahhh...." You smiled and hugged him back.

Once you two parted, you looked around, seeing only half of the Avengers. You were hoping to see your old friends, like Natasha and Rhodey. 

"Steve? Where are the others?" You tilted your head and looked at him.

Everyone looked around or at the ground, avoiding eye contact with you. Steve did the same, he rubbed his chin and looked to the side of you.

"Steve." Your voice was stern.

"We, we had a falling..out..?" He responded.

"What?"

"We aren't on the best of terms..." 

"What do you mean?" You stepped closer to him.

"Steve, I think it's time." Wanda said.

Steve looked at you, you didn't know how to describe the look. You let out an angry breathe and followed the others out to the main area of the airport. 

You all walked in a line and stopped in the middle. You gasped slightly, seeing who you were meant to be fighting against.

"Y/n?" Natasha said from the other end.

"How? I thought you weren't doing.. this anymore." Rhodey said.

"Well someone said I would be fighting on behalf of the Avengers. Not against them." You clenched your jaw and glared at Steve. 

You had no idea what was going on, but you seriously didn't want to fight your old friends. But you promised Steve.

The two of them talked briefly, then came in the two other members of each team. A small figure in a red suit stole Steve's shield. He then introduced himself as Spider-man, he sounded incredibly young. 

Then 'Ant Man' came and made his introduction onto your team. 'How weird can this get?' You rolled your eyes and stood confidently. There was a pause, then both teams started walking, then jogging, and eventually running. As you ran, your frowned, seeing who you were fighting against first. 

You stopped running and looked at your opponent. Spider Man. You didn't want to fight him, he seemed so young.

"Hey, I'm Spider Man!" He waved and 'threw' his web fluids towards you. You were able to grab it and pull it, pulling him over and closer to you. You grabbed his arm and twisted him onto the ground. 

"And I'm Y/n. Just Y/n/" You smiled.

He groaned and rolled over. Oh god, you felt so bad.

"In small words, can somebody tell me why I am on this mission?" You spoke out loud. 

Everyone stopped to look at you, they gave you a sympathetic look then continued fighting.

"Sorry kid." You gave him a small smile. 

------------------------------

Sorry, it was another shit ending! I didn't know how to end it since I didn't want to end it on the actual prompt.