Avengers ⇛ I Can't Come Back #3

Warnings: Mentions of suicide and murder..

Y/fn = Your full name.

Y/s/n = Your superhero name.

After the incident with almost murdering Bruce, you were terrified of yourself. So you just simply went in hiding. But it also made you stronger, you realised your old self was coming back. But definitely not fast, the voice was still there and it still tortured you. It's only been 3 months since you ran away. Really, you haven't done anything that bad. Although, you have come incredibly close to kidnapping and torturing a few people. But you managed to fight it off. You also had come very close to killing yourself a few times, but you also fought that off as well.

People have been hearing your screams, especially at night. It has been quite the talk of the town really. When you walk past the streets, with your head covered of course, you see it on the news and in magazines and news papers. One day you saw a news channel talking about the situation at a coffee shop. You stayed and watched it, seeing what people were saying.

"The mysterious screams that we are hearing at night, finally might have a lead. People are starting to believe that it might relate to the famous former Avenger, Y/f/n. Or as she is more well known as, Y/s/n."

You heard people in the coffee shop gasp a bit, then start whispering to each other.

"Turn it up please!" Someone said.

"Now, you may be thinking, how did we get this lead? Well, we have not seen Y/n at all when the Avengers have fought recently. The Superheroes have also stated she has been missing. They confirmed this at a conference two days ago. So it's unsure how long she has been missing. The public has even given the mysterious screamer a name, the Nightcryer (Im gonna write another story relating to that hehe). Even if Y/n is not the Nightcryer, it is advised to keep a look out for her. Anyway, that's it from me, goodnight!"

You started to panic, then just perfect timing, the voice came back to you.

"Kill them, kill them all." His voice hissed.

You managed to keep it together and walk out of the shop. Honestly, you weren't mad at the Avengers for telling everyone that you were missing. If anything, it comforted you, it made you realise that they still care about you. As you walked passed the Avengers Compound, a wave of sadness swept over at you. You stood there, looking at the tower. You wanted to go in and tell them that you were okay. But you couldn't, because of him. You didn't even realise that you were staring at a window until you saw a figure. They saw you, so out of instinct, you ran.

.:. Avengers POV .:.

"We saw her!" Sam yelled, running into the meeting room.

"We did! She was outside!" Bucky said, running behind him.

The team looked at the two men, confused.

"You mean you saw Y/n?" Tony said, his eyes wide.

"Yes! She was outside looking at the window!" Sam said, certain it was you.

"Are you sure? How do you know it was her?" Natasha said, standing up.

"You can recognise her eyes from a mile away. Trust us, it was her!" Bucky half yelled.

"It's late, so tomorrow first thing, we start to search for her." Steve commanded.

So, the Avengers all went to bed, ready for the morning. Majority of them couldn't sleep, they were excited but nervous.

.:. Time Skip .:.

The sun rose and the Avengers were ready to go.

"So you're all clear on where you need to be?" Steve asked.