Avengers ⇛ Surprise

*Requested*

Plot: You are on the Avengers, and has been for a while. You're on it because you are a trained assassin, like Natasha. Although, you are mute. When the team notices you are more distant then usual, they are shocked to hear why.

Also heads up, there are quite a few imagines with all the Avengers in them!
And I'm running out of gifs, so I'm starting to use regular photos! I don't know who this artwork belongs to (I found it on pinterest) but I love it!

Everyone on the team loves you, and you love them. They are your family, they have always been there for you. They've always stuck by you through hard times and good times. They basically know everything about you, visa versa. They accept you, which you thought no one ever would.
 You are mute, meaning you can not talk. This has made you insecure your whole life, you'd never think you would find someone who actually cares about you. So, coming into the Avengers was the best decision of your life. Not only did one person care about you, a whole group did. All of you love each other as you were all family, honestly, the Avengers is just one big family. 
So of course they would start noticing that you haven't been present as much.

"Hey, is something off with Y/n?" Steve asked.

"What do you mean?" Bucky tilted his head.

"As in how she has suddenly become so distant to us?" Natasha chimed in.

"Exactly." Steve replied.

The team were having just a lazy day on the couches, eating pizza and talking. Well, everyone except you. No one knew where you were. When they asked you to come and join them today, you shook your head and just left the compound. 

"Yeah, it seems like she has been avoiding us." Clint shrugged a bit.

"I'm sort of worried." Tony mumbled.

It was the next day and you were up early, since you had somewhere to be. Once you were dressed, you decided to skip breakfast and head to the garage. But you saw Thor in hallway, making you sigh a bit.

"Hey Y/n, where are you going?" Thor sounded confused and it seemed like he was a bit worried.

You just shrugged and gave him a small smile.

"Oh." He sounded a bit upset, normally you would tell him and the team anything. 

Instantly, you felt bad and wanted to tell him what was happening, but you couldn't. So, you walked around him to go to your car, then drove off.
The whole drive, you felt really bad. You didn't really know how the team was feeling. Normally you would always be hanging out with them, but they must have suspected something by now. You shook away the thoughts and walked inside.

"Good morning Y/n." The front desk lady smiled.

"H-Hi." Your voice was barley above a whisper.

"You're getting better!" She grinned. "Maria will be seeing you soon."

"T-thanks." You smiled at her and sat in the waiting room.

The truth was that you weren't avoiding the team. You were secretly making appointments to go to speaking therapy, to surprise them one day. The only person who knew about this was Fury. He was over the moon when you told him about all of this. Not to long ago, you organised surgery to fix your voice box, to let you speak. But you needed someone's help, so you asked Fury. He was the one to drive you there and back, to support you through it, and just to be there for you. 
You then had your voice back, but you didn't know how to use it. So, he booked you speaking therapy classes. Instead of telling the team, you both decided to surprise them when you could finally speak. In a way, you were also surprising Fury, because he has actually never heard you speak. He only knows that you are learning.

"Y/n? You can come in." Maria smiled and waited for you.

You put the magazine away and followed her.

"How are you?" She asked when she sat down. She wasn't really expecting much from you, maybe a word or so.

"I-I'm good thanks, how are you?" You sounded a lot more confident and your voice was basically at a normal pitch.

Maria looked up at you and looked very shocked. That's the most you've said before.

"Y/n!" That was amazing!" She grinned and gave you a high five.

"Have you been practising?" She smirked.

"Yes." You laughed a bit.

Then your 50 minutes was up. Sadness swept over you, you loved coming to these classes, a lot. In the car, you realised it was time. So, you texted Fury then began your drive home.

Once you got back to the compound, you needed to go right to the meeting room. In there, was Fury who's face lit up when you saw him.

"So, are you doing it?" He asked.

You nodded and smiled, barely able to hide your excitement. Then, more thoughts came into your mind, bad ones. What if they didn't like your voice? What if you actually sounded horrible?What if they only liked you because you didn't speak? The door suddenly opened and everyone walked in, you gulped. Fury put his hand on your back, obviously seeing that you were nervous. 

"I'm sure your wondering why you're here?" He said when everyone talk a seat.

They all looked equally confused.

"Y/n has a surprise for everyone." He turned his head to you and smiled.

Everyone still looked really confused, not knowing what would happen next.

You cleared your throat. It was finally time to surprise your family.

"I-I just wanted to say, I love you guys." Your voice started out quiet, but then the last part came out confidently. 

Everyone's mouths dropped. Did they really just hear that? It was silent for a bit, maybe it was the wrong time? Maybe they didn't like your voice? 

You felt a large pair of arms wrap around you. You turned your head to see that Fury was hugging you, you hugged him back. Then another pair of arms wrapped around your back. Steve's. Before you knew it, the whole team had come up and hugged you, making a huge group hug.

"We love you too." Tony smiled, some tears had rolled down his cheek. 

As you looked around at them, you saw they were all crying. 

"I-I can't believe it." Natasha said through her small, sobs of happiness. She hugged you again tightly. 

"Your voice is so cute." Clint said, making everyone laugh, including you.

"We love you Y/n, we always have and always will." 

It was that moment, where you realised how lucky you were. You loved your family no matter what, even though they were emotional wrecks, you wouldn't trade them for the world.

-----------------------

I really liked writing this one! 

I hope you all liked it!