Steve ⇛ Changes Pt 2

It was highly requested, so here's part 2!

The next day and half was spent on your hospital bed. Just too tired to get out and still not properly recovered. But slowly you were starting to get better, but the pain of loss never got better.

Steve hasn't come to visit you ever since he found out about your child. Honestly, you had no idea about your relationship now, it was already on thin ice, this, this just instantly broke it. Bruce and Tony were almost always by your side, making sure you staying healthy or the bullet wound wouldn't cause any infections.

Today you woke up and felt a lot stronger and didn't feel so boggy. Bruce and Tony were talking, you were going to greet them to do another check up, but you stayed silent.

"I'm honestly not sure, he's been so... distant."

Tony nodded. "He needs to come talk to her."

"I know, he really does. But I just can't tell if he's mad or not?" Bruce sighed.

"He has no right to be mad at her. It's not her fault this happened, and maybe if Steve wasn't so cold to her she would have felt comfortable to talk to him."

"You've noticed it too?"

"You're kidding right? I'm pretty sure everyone on the team has noticed it, at times she really doesn't deserve him."

Bruce hummed in response.

You overheard everything, from Steve's lack of emotion recently to the fact that everyone has noticed your cold relationship. You shuffled in the bed a bit, making it seem like you just got up.

"Good morning! How do you feel?" Bruce rushed over to you, as did Tony.

"I feel a lot better..." All of you paused.

"I want to see him, I need to see him."

"Steve?" Tony asked.

"Yes, I really need to talk to him."

"Y/n, I need to warn you, he isn't the same. He's incredibly distant." Tony shifted his weight to one leg.

"I mean, I get why, but even if he is angry at me, we really do need to talk..."

"Yeah, you're right."

You started to get up, but felt their arms on your shoulders.

"Woah woah woah, now?" Tony tried to keep you from going.

"...Yes..."

They looked at each other then shrugged.

"Come on guys, you know I need to, and I feel fine."

They finally let you leave after more persuading. JARVIS revealed that Steve was locked in your shared bedroom, so that's where you headed. You stood by the door and paused, then finally knocked. No response.

"Steve, come on, I know you're there."

Still no response.

"We need to talk..." He could hear the sadness in your voice.

Once again, no response. You gulped back a lump of tears, guess he really didn't want to see you...

From the other side of the door, Steve heard your footsteps fade away. When he heard your voice he lifted his head and wanted to let you in. But he couldn't, he just couldn't. He didn't know how to feel let alone how to speak to you.

It was the late afternoon and you were leaning into the fence on a balcony, looking at the view. Tears had dried up on your cheek and your eyes were red and sore. As much as you wish you were wrong, you were right. Steve didn't want anything to do with you, all your fears were coming true.