Clint & Avengers ⇛ Secrets Pt 2

Part 2....

It had been a year. 1 year since you left the Avengers. At first it was tough, so incredibly tough. But eventually you got over the feeling and managed to live your own life.

Since Stella broke your bracelet, the only thing keeping your wings hidden; they've been out all year. If you were caught in public with them, people would most definitely try to do things to you, possibly send you back to Hydra.

Obviously you couldn't risk this, so staying in hiding was the best option. Thankfully, there is a forest about 30 minutes away from the city. So that's where you are living, just in the forest. A tiny little lodge which you made is where you sleep, normally you spend the whole day looking for food or just flying around.

Throughout this year, you've learned how to use your wings again, properly. At first it was tough, physically and mentally. Your wings were stiff from being hidden for so long, but it also gave you horribly memories whenever you looked at them. As time went on, you managed to 'respect' them and learn to live with them. Now you've realised that your wings are special to you, that you should cherish them and be grateful; instead of gagging at the sight.

————

It was just like any other day, you were walking around the forest, listening to your surroundings. The injection which grew your wings was apparently also filled with hearing enhancement. You only discovered this a few months ago, it made you curious for what other abilities you have now that you've opened up your biggest one.

The city was loud, meaning you were able to hear it with your enhanced hearing. Nothing seemed odd, so you carried on walking. But then something did sound out of the ordinary. Voices. But ones which were close, and coming closer. Immediately you glided into a tree, lying against a branch.

The voices got closer, then there foot steps were growing louder.

"Who's idea was it to even come on this walk?" Someone whined.

"It was mine because I felt like we weren't getting outside enough." This person sounded slightly irritated.

"We literally go on missions at least a couple of times per week!"

They sounded oddly familiar. Slowly, you looked down and your heart almost stopped beating. It was Steve and Clint; behind them was the whole team, plus a few new additions, and Stella. She was still there...

They kept on chatting and complaining, almost walking away from you, just a few others were still directly behind you. You seemed to relax, seeing that they wouldn't notice you. Well, you spoke to soon. A light breeze caused a loose feather to slowly glide down.

"Huh? What was that?" Sam touched his head.

"What?"

"I felt something land on me."

Natasha walked forward and picked up something of his shoulder.

"A black feather..."

"Where did that even fall from? We didn't hear any birds..?"

Clint pulled out his bow and aimed it at the tree you were in. The tree was covered in dark green leaves, making you slightly camouflage. However, he just managed to see a couple of dark feathers swaying about.

"It's just a bird." He lowered his bow.

They laughed a bit, but Bucky wasn't.

"No, that's too big to be a bird." He was standing at a different angle.

You froze, trying not to attract any attention to yourself.