Avengers ⇛ Rising

This is a weird, creepy kind of one! Once again, I got the quote (not prompt this time!) off tumblr!
Sorry for all the imagines which have included the whole avengers!
Also thanks so much for 11k reads! I never though this story would get this far, I love your support so much <3 If there is something I should do as a '11k special' or something similar, please let me know! <3
Last thing, I am on holiday for 3 weeks, so updates will be slower then usual!

"Fury has requested an urgent meeting." Maria tells the team and quickly walks off. 

Everyone looked at each other, quite confused, then followed to the meeting room. When you and the team arrived, Fury turned around facing you all. Worry was clearly spread across his face.

"Sit down, I have something big, and it's not good."

It was silent as you all took a seat. Everyone else was starting to get a bit fearful, Fury was never like this.

"Just, take a look." He turned on the large screen.

It seemed like the video that was being shown was being filmed on someones phone. It was a video of somewhere in New York. In the clip, there were lot's of people running, it was hard to make out what they were running from. A few more seconds passed, then finally it was revealed what they were running from. There were a group of around 5... things. The one in the middle was just a black cloak with some black fog surrounding them. The others were just black figures with bright, red eyes.

"We are a new breed rising, with fire in our eyes, we don't fear anything, because we've already died." They all spoke in sync.

You tensed up, hearing their creepy voices. You're an Avenger and have faced many crazy things, but this, this just creeped you out. Fury paused the video and looked at the team again.

"That video was sent in, 2 minutes ago." 

"That is happening.. out there?" Bucky stiffened a bit and looked out of the window.

"Mhm." Fury nodded.

"What are they? Skrulls, Hydra, idiots like Clint playing pranks?" Natasha asked.

"Natttt." Clint whined.

"I don't even know. From what I can tell, I don't think it's either of them." Fury ignored the last part of Nat's question.

"I don't this." You mumbled.

"No one does." Tony snorted.

"It just seems so creepy, I don't wanna go anywhere near them." Fury looked at you.

"Oh no, please don't tell me we have to..." You groaned, realising you guys had to go out and 'investigate,' after all, you are the Avengers.

"Remember, we have to stick together. Normally we would split up, but these guys have stuck in a group; so should we. Don't get to close, we don't know what they are or what they do. If one of them comes at you, attack them, depending on how threatening they seem."

You zoned out of Fury's little pep talk, eyeing what was happening in the close distance. You could see people running and some black shapes, must have been them. More then anything, you just wanted to be inside and have nothing to do with these guys. Something about this group of mysterious 'things', made you really uncomfortable. As in, they scared you, a lot. 

"Everyone ready?" Steve asked, looking at everyone.

"Y/n?" 

"Oh yeah Sam?" 

Sam tilted his head, referencing to Steve who was looking at you.

"You okay?" Steve looked a bit concerned for you.

"Yep, just..... zoned out." 

"Alright, let's go!" 

You all ran towards the commotion and immediately wanted to be in the crowd running away. This mission scared, a lot more then any other mission. Apparently the plan was to hide behind stuff, to see any activity or any clues. Of course though, you weren't listening to the plan, so you just followed Wanda behind a bench.

"You okay?" She asked softly. 

"Yeah, why?"

"You look a bit... pale.."

"Oh um, yeah just a bit nervous."

"Yeah, me too." She gave you a smile then looked back at them.

You heard some noise then heard a grunt through your ear piece. Then you heard Natasha's voice.

"Tony? You okay?" 

There was a small pause, well, apart from Tony panting. Then he finally spoke.

"Seriously be careful. One saw me, then got that main guy over. I don't know what he was going to do, but he had black, glowey stuff around his hands." 

"Can I just go home." You groaned.

"Y/n, stay on task and concentrate. And Tony, did they get you?" You rolled your eyes at what Fury said.

"I think they found us..." Bucky interrupted.

You looked up and saw that they were standing in a small circle, in the middle of you all. 

"What do we do?" Wanda whispered.

"I say we stand up, see what they want." Steve instructed.

You groaned again, really not wanting to do this. You and Wanda got up from the bench, you could see the other Avengers. They were all set up in a large circle, hiding behind bins and trees etc. The creatures looked around then, stopped on you.

"You look... important." The main one had a raspy, creepy voice. 

He started gliding over to you, slowly. You wanted to run, but you couldn't. Maybe they hypnotised you? 

"Y/n, back up." You heard Wanda whisper next to you.

But you couldn't, you seemed to be... stuck.

"She's the one." The voice spoke.

You were very confused and scared, but you just couldn't move.

"Y/n, move away." Wanda whispered to you again, slowly backing away herself. 

"Seriously, I think you need to leave." Tony said through your ear piece.

"I-I can't." Your voice was shaky, clearly scared.

The black fog, that Tony was talking about, started hovering around their hands.

"Get out of there!" Fury said harshly.

The team were telling you to run, but you were stuck, literally stuck. They watched in horror as the black fog filled entered you. Your whole body turned into the darkest shade of black, it was painful. The others didn't know what to do, they had to watch one of their closest friends turn into... who knows what! The worse part was, they couldn't help you. They didn't know how to take away the pain you were feeling. They had to listen to you screaming in pain, it was a horror movie for them.
Eventually your screaming stopped, and you fell to the ground. After a few seconds, you got up, looking around. Everyone, including other random people who heard the commotion,  froze. They couldn't believe what they were seeing, it would be a lie to say they weren't crying. Your red eyes beamed and stood out on your matte, black body. You felt different, you didn't feel like... you. A weird feeling came up your throat, you couldn't stop it. Were you even control you anymore? 
You're voice was raspy.
"We are a new breed rising, with fire in our eyes, we don't fear anything, because we've already died."