Steve Trust ⇛ Pt 2

(I'm so sorry this took so long to publish. Wattpad kept glitching out and my story would not save!)
Part 2...

Footsteps from the other side of the door made you jump. Then they started banging on the door. Without a second glance, you leaped out of the window, every trace of you completely gone.

Even after an hour, everywhere you looked were tributes to the famous hero. Deep down, you felt miserable. Even due to what Hydra did to you, he was still your brother and it was so painful.

The only thing left for you to do was run, run to the designated pick up point. Hydra was collecting you in a truck, but they obviously couldn't draw attention to themselves. So, you started to run to the deserted place which you had coordinates for. However, a couple of figures were coming towards you. Since you thought they would just be normal residents, you kept going, but slowed down to a walk. As you got closer, you recognised the two of them. There was a glare from the sun, reflecting off the metal arm and the famous suit. You rolled your eyes and turned around. However, there were more figures behind you. It was the same thing on your left and right, they had you surrounded.

"What do you want?" You asked bluntly.

Bucky stopped walking.

"It was you wasn't it?" His voice was hoarse.

"I did what?" Playing dumb... was dumb, but it always gave you some amusement.

"Oh shut up, you know what you did. It only happened an hour ago and it's all anyone is talking about, so I am fucking confident you remember what you did."

"Oh! Yes I do remember now!"

You held up your hand and looked at your nails, ignoring them around you.

"You know it's me... can I go now?"

"You kill one the most loved humans on this planet, then expect to walk away freely? Nice try bud." Bruce clenches his fists.

"There were reasons to it, it wasn't just out of blue. Now that would be cruel."

"How long have you worked for Hydra?" Bucky loaded his gun.

"Hydra!?" All of them looked incredibly confused.

It was clear that Bucky hadn't gotten round to telling them about your job.

"Oh Buck hasn't told you? That's awkward."

"Don't call me that..."

"I guess it makes more sense for you guys then. So now you know that it wasn't just some family issues. I did my job, so now I'd like to continue." You started walking but felt a huge shock in your stomach.

You collapsed and the last thing you heard was a voice.

"She was getting on my nerves..."

.:. Time Skip .:.

You woke in a small, dark room. As you tried to lift your arms and stretch, they hit the table hard. 'An interrogation room, really', you glared at nothing.

The door opened and in walked Tony, Bucky and Fury. They turned the lights on and sat down.

"Hello." You smiled at them, then at the glass, knowing it was a two way mirror and that the others were probably behind it.

None of them replied, they just pulled out files, looking absolutely miserable. You wanted to show your sadness about the whole situation, but you couldn't. If Hydra found out that your emotions were back, there would be huge consequences.

"I'm going to get straight to the point. Who are you?" Fury asked with his hands on the table.

"You have my files, you know who I am."

"We know your name, but not who you really are."

"Bummer.."

He sighed.

"Bring it out."

Tony opened a little bag kept in the file, then pulled something out. It was a small chain, but then the charm was revealed, a rose.

"Where did you find that?" You asked with an angry tone.

"Steve was wearing it..." Tony fiddled with it.

Your eyes stayed on it, that necklace was very important.

"And then there was this one." Bucky pulled one out from his pocket, the exact same one. Your one.

"It was in his dresser, neatly placed." He added.

"That's not yours." You hissed and tried to snatch it, but you couldn't since your hands were tied down.

"So they do mean something to you?" Fury took them both and put them on the table, just out of your reach.

As much as you tried not to, you couldn't help but stare at them. Your eyes were glued onto them and it was not good.

Slowly, old memories came back. Ones of you and Steve playing as children, all the way to the crash. Steve was flying the plane and you were in the seat next to it. You both knew that you had to crash it, which is what you did. The force blew you two far away from each other, but apparently your necklace made it to him. Then they found you. That's when the pain begun. Torture was an understatement.

Each day you would be experimented on, your emotions were literally taken away from you. But the thing that scared you the most was the threat. The threat. Hydra knew how much Steve meant to you, which is why they always told you they would murder him. Which is why you did what you did.

If you disobeyed them, didn't follow their orders, Steve would be in danger. You were doing your job to protect him, if only he knew that.

It was your mission to understand everything about the Avengers, going undercover. But when Steve found out about who you were, that's when you knew you had to do it.

Hydra would find out that he knows about you. If they got to him before you, Steve would be tortured in ways you were. That's why you did what you did, you were protecting him.

"You're, not the Y/n I-I... know." He sputtered out, before taking his last breathe.

"I hope you can find her."

You let a tear fall down your cheek as you lightly grazed your thumb against his cheek.

"Find her before they do." You whispered.

Your last words to each other echoed through your brain. It was all getting to much, a tear rolled down your cheek and you banged your head.

"We cracked her, we got through to her!" Fury exclaimed.

You lifted your head up and locked eyes with them one at a time. It was like they could see the pain in your eyes, a story.

Maybe once they read the end, you will be free from the pain. They might let you join your brother.