Tony & Pepper ⇛The Sweetest

*Requested*
(This is mainly Tony btw!)
(In this, the reader is a smol puppy!)
Plot: Tony has a lot of PTSD since the New York invasion, so him and Pepper suggested getting a service type dog. You're very shy and scared, due to your past. But eventually, you warm up to him.

"Tony? Let's go." Pepper smiled at him.

He nodded then walked to the garage. Today, Pepper and Tony were going to an animal shelter. After the New York invasion, Tony got an insane amount of anxiety and panic attacks; literally nobody can help them, even Pepper. This is why her, and the Avengers came up with the idea of getting him a dog. One to love him as much as he would love it. Sometimes, dogs are the best medicine. 

"See you." Natasha smiled at them both.

"Bye." Tony replied. 

With that, the couple drove off to the adoption shelter. Tony was really agitated and nervous on the way there, he didn't know what to expect. Would he even find the right dog? What if the place stresses him out even more? A few minutes pass by, and Pepper snaps him out of his thoughts.

"We're here." She said softly.

Tony smiled at her, then they got out. The centre looked really nice and cute, so far they seemed to be on the right track. 

"Hey- Oh my gosh." The lady at the front desk smiled, then realised who she was talking to.

"Hello, we are here to look at rescue dogs, preferably one that isn't to young. That'd be to much work for us!" Pepper smiled at the lady.

"Yep, follow me." 

Tony smiled and followed behind. Pepper and the lady were talking, the worker told Pepper about the dogs they had and which ones would be the perfect match. Tony turned his head to a little dog. For some reason, that one just caught his eye. He stopped walking and went over to the little dog. It was sitting in the corner, hiding in it's blankets. 

"Hey little one." Tony said softly.

You ears perked up and saw a man outside your door. Curiosity was definitely a strong trait of yours, but so was fear. So you stayed in your blanket, not sure what to do.  He smiled and said something again.

"It's alright." 

His voice was really calm, something about him made you feel safe. But you kept put in your blankets. He said a few other things, so you plucked up enough courage to walk over to him. You moved to the little fence part of the door, sniffing his hand. Like last time, you felt safe and oddly felt relieved with him. He gently stroked your head, making you close you eyes. You had never let anyone this close to you since you had arrived here, because of your past. 

"Tony! There you are." Pepper smiled and walked over to him, with the other lady.

"Oh hey Pep." He looked up and smiled.

"Who's this?" Pepper knelt down beside Tony and looked at the small dog. 

"This is Y/n, she seems to like you... She hasn't really let anyone get that close to her." The lady seemed confused. 

"What do you mean?" Tony looked up.

"Well, we found her tied up to a fence in a garden. The poor pup was petrified, it was clear that she had been abused. She had lot's of fur missing, scars, cuts, wounds, it was a truly sad sight. When she arrived here, she never let anyone near here. So this is quite.... amazing actually."

There was a long pause.

"I think we have our dog." Pepper said gently.

.:. Time Skip .:.