Pietro ⇛ Monsters

Plot: You are part of the Avengers because of your powers. You have the ability to control fire and heat. No one knows how you got these powers, even you, you have just always grown up saying it was the 'monsters'. Each night, every night you have nightmares about the 'monsters', waking everybody up. But one night, it was silent. 

(This is your style/what you wear) 

"Y/n, my hot chocolate is coldddddd." Wanda whined.

"Wanda just heat it up in the microwave." Pietro replied.

"It's fine." You smiled and clutched her drink, heating it up.

"Thanks! You're the best!" She giggled then sipped it.

You smiled then went back to watching the TV with the others. Tonight was movie night with the rest of the team, every Friday night. It was nearing the end of the movie and your eye lids were getting very heavy. You had never gotten a full nights sleep, ever. It sounds bad, but it works for you. You've adapted to waking up in sweat or tears or in screaming. It's just part of your cycle. The things that cause this though, is very hard to explain. You have never been able to fully describe what it was, so you just call them the monsters. They come into your head and scare you, but they do weird things as well. Things that make you think twice about them. 
The waking up regularly in screaming etc may not affect you, but it affects the team. At first, they were really worried, each night someone came to your room to check on you. It was usually Pietro though. Eventually, they started getting annoyed by it, they learned just to sleep through the issues. It sounds bad, but you told them that they don't have to come in each time, you wanted them to ignore it and get sleep. But, Pietro didn't listen, he still comes in weekly. He has taken a great liking to you, and you don't even realise it. He comes in at least twice a week, comforting you even when you tell him it's fine.

So this why you are constantly tired so early, why you normally fall asleep in the movies. Finally the movie ended and you wanted to go straight to bed. 

"Well I'm going to head off, goodnight guys." You smiled and got off the couch.

"Sweet dreams." Pietro smiled at you.

"I will try." You grinned and said goodbye to the others.

Once you got in your PJs and did your hair, you went straight to your bed. Slowly you drifted off into sleep, getting ready to wake up soon.

But you didn't, you woke up to be greeted by the sun with a weird feeling. Something happened last night, you didn't wake up. The monsters didn't scare you and make you cry or scream. Last night the monsters did something and said something. Something that made you feel... new.

You walk into the kitchen with your chin up and the strange feeling lingering in your head.

"Morning." You smile at everyone eating their breakfast.

"Good morning." They respond.

"Y/n? Uh, um, did anything happen last night?" Steve asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't hear anything, it was silent last night." He said.

You wanted to explain it, but you couldn't. 

"Uh, yeah." You picked up your coffee and went back to your room.

After a few minutes, you heard a knock at your door.

"Come in." You said quietly.

Then Pietro walked in and sat next to you.

"Hey, you alright?" He asked softly.

"Just thinking." You gave him a small smile.

"About last night?" 

"Yeah." 

There was a long pause of silence, no one knew what to say. You were trying to think about last night, he was trying to think about if you were okay. Finally, you found something to say. You weren't sure why you were saying it, but it needed to be said.

"Pietro?" 

"Yes?" 

"You know my monsters?" 

"The ones that scare you and keep you up at night?"

"Yes, those ones." You mumbled.

Again, there was an awkward silence. But you broke it again.

"I- I think the monsters are protecting me."