Bucky ⇛ Gone

Prompt: "Touch her again and I will kill you."

.:. 70 Years Ago .:.

"Bucky! Help me!" Your screams filled echoed through his head.

"Hang on!" A stray tear fell from his cheek.

He reached your position on the roof and ran over to you. As soon as he got to you, the man laughed and tightened his grip on your back.

"Please stop and give her back." Bucky's voice was weak.

"Or what?" The man responded with a gruff tone.

"Just please. Take me instead." He tilted his head and shivered, more snow falling.

The man considered it for a few seconds.

"No, we want her." He pushed his arm out, knocking you off the building.

You screamed, trying to reach for something that wasn't there. 

Bucky ran up to the edge, watching the love of his life fall. There was a thud and silence, Bucky suddenly felt weak. Like his whole body was turning off.

"On second thoughts, we could have you too."

Then it was black.

.:. Present Day .:.

He suddenly jolted up, waking up in sweat. After looking around and feeling around on the bed, he relaxed and melted down. He didn't bother holding in the tears, it was another nightmare, a memory. 

There was a knock on the door, then it slowly opened.

"Buck, you okay?" It was Steve.

He didn't reply, just sat in silence.

"Another nightmare?" Steve slowly walked in.

"A memory." His voice was hoarse. 

"About.... Y/n?" 

"... Yeah." 

It was a silence again.

"D- Do you want to talk about it?" Steve sat on the end of the bed.

Bucky didn't speak, so Steve started to leave.

"I just don't get it." 

Steve turned around and rested his shoulder on the door frame.

"W-what did he mean by 'We want her.' What does that mean? Want her for what?" Bucky looked up and met Steve's eyes. 

"I don't know Buck. Maybe they wanted her to be another Winter Soldier?" 

"But, I would have seen her. I would have noticed her."

He paused.

"What if she... died. How do we know she even survived? Or, what if she did survive, but that was 70 years ago." 

Steve sat by Bucky.

"But, what if she did become like me, but she didn't escape. She could still be there, she could still be in all that pain, she probably doesn't remember anything about us, or her old life."

"Buck, wherever she is, whatever she is doing. I know for a fact that she remembers you and is probably thinking of you." Steve smiled.

.:. Time Skip - A Day Later .:.

"Everyone know their positions?" Steve tightened the straps on his shield, securing it around his arm.

Everyone responded. An emergency mission was called, a Hydra base was located. The job was to simply destroy the base and get out of there as quick as possible.

"Don't mean to concern anyone, but there is something else in there." Natasha said, looking at the monitor.

"What do you mean?" Tony and Steve walked over to Nat.

"See the red dots, that's all Hydra, but their is a blue dot. It is taking out some of Hydra as well." She pointed to the dots.

"We got to stay on our feet, we don't know who or what this is." Steve said.

The jet landed and everyone got off. Each Avenger made their way into different directions, getting into the building in their own ways. 

Bucky walked down a dark hallway with his gun pointed ahead. He had taken out 3 agents and was hopefully going to add onto that number. Some noises echoed through the small hallway, Bucky paused. He looked around, seeing a few doors. More noises filled the room, but they were different. There was grunting and some muffled winces and screams. Bucky slowly followed the noises. 

As he got closer, he realised that the voice was a woman. After pausing by a door for some time, he pushed it open. His eyes quickly adjusted to the dark, with the help of a small window. The agents looked at him and loaded their guns. Bucky managed to take down all the agents, well, the ones he knew of. He paused and got his breath back, then finally looked at the girl. 

His heart skipped a bit and his knees felt weak. 

"Y/n?" 

You looked up to him with sad, dull eyes. But as you looked at him, a little bit of light grew. 

"Yeah." You smiled, dropping a tear.

He sadly laughed and moved walked closer to you. Behind him, you saw something lurking in the darkness. 

"Bucky look out!" But your words were to late.

The agent tackled him and managed to push Bucky's weapons away from him. You sat in the chair, trying to get out of the ropes and hand cuffs, it was no use. Finally, Bucky managed to get the agent off him. But you tensed, hearing the gun right by your head.

Bucky stood up, his eyes widened seeing that the man was going to shoot you. 

"Let her go." Bucky's heart rate picked up, so did yours. 

The man slapped you, leaving a lingering pain on your cheek.

Bucky clenched his jaw and tensed up. He pulled his sleeve up and revealed a knife that was forgotten in his pocket. 

"Touch her again and I will kill you." He growled. 

"Y-you're the Winter Soldier...?" The Hydra agent seemed to loosen his muscles but tense at the same time. 

"He's not the only one." You mumbled, but both men hearing you. 

Without hesitation, Bucky leapt to his gun and shot the agent. He then quickly went over to you and untied the ropes and destroyed the hand cuffs. 

You tried to get up, but your whole body was limp, you felt yourself falling. But, you never touched the ground, instead, you felt the familiar warmth of his arms. 

"I've got you." He said softly. 

He pulled you up and stared into your eyes which had gained some light and life. He cupped your face and pulled you into a passionate kiss. 

Once the two of you pulled apart, you both smiled.

"I missed that." He whispered.

"So did I." 

He held your side as you limped next to him, making your way to the jet.

"We have so much to talk about." He said.

"I have too many stories." You smiled.