Avengers ⇛ Home

Plot: You're were on an undercover mission for a year and 2 months, you're finally able to come home.

Based off the song; Home by Machine Gun Kelly, X Ambassadors and Bebe Rexa

A shiver crept down your back, giving you goosebumps. It had been just over a year since you were last in this air port, yet it didn't look one second older.

You wheeled your suitcase behind you as you made your way to the pick up area. This is where the team was meeting you. You've had no contact with them throughout this time, just one phone call per month to Fury.

In the distance, you could see them all standing  there, laughing at something Sam just said. It made you smile, it seemed like nothing changed. For you however, everything changed, but you weren't going to tell them that. Appearing weak was one of your worst fears.

Someone beside you dropped their suitcase and rush to hug their loved one. The sudden noise made you jump instantly. Not only the noise, the vibration it send once it hit the floor. Over the undercover mission, most of the time you were hiding in a room where you couldn't say a single word or make any noises, at times you were in there for weeks without going outside. This made every little detail scare you, but you also started to really feel the vibrations around you, and it terrified you.

You calmed yourself down then kept walking towards them, eventually Clint spotted you.

"Oh my god, there she is!" He pointed in your direction.

The rest of the team looked at you, each showing different reactions. Some froze, shocked that they were actually seeing you. Others were either smiling so hard or looking like they were going to cry. But Thor was walking towards you, his stride lengthening with each step. He was your best friend, the one you probably missed the most.

"Lady Y/n!"

You lightly dropped your luggage then ran to him, he picked you up into the most comforting hug.

"I missed you so much!" With the overwhelming amount of love already, of course tears were falling down your cheek.

You two pulled away and the rest of the team came over to you and welcomed you with hugs. It was an amazing feeling, however you still felt off. Like a hole inside of you couldn't be filled, like you didn't belong back here....

As the days past, you thought you'd feel more relaxed and happier that you were at home. But that wasn't the feeling at all, in fact, you were scared. Scared that the Avengers won't see you as who you used to be; a strong, brave, fierce superhero. Now you were terrified of everything, but you just didn't want them to see.

It was about 2am and everyone appeared to be asleep. So as you've been doing for the previous nights, you quietly made your way to the main area of the compound. Once you got to the kitchen, you got yourself a glass of water and sat by the large window, watching the world go by.

The feeling of being watched made you shiver, then you jumped at the sound of footsteps.

"Y/n?"

You couldn't see who it was in the dark, making you insanely anxious. The water in your glass started shaking and your breathing picked up.

"Y/n are you okay? It's just me.." Now it sounded familiar, it was Bruce.

Now you began to calm down, however embarrassment rushed through your body. He sat by you and looked out the window. It was silent between you two for a few minutes, neither of you knowing what to say.

"Uh so what was that about?" He asked softly.

You gulped a bit.

"Please don't tell anyone.."

"I wasn't planning on..."

You knew Bruce was the perfect person to talk to about this, he had the kindest heart and would tell you what you needed.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course." You could see him smile in the dark.

After taking a long breathe, you began to tell him everything on your mind.

"I thought coming back home would be... a relief? But it doesn't feel like that at all, I feel so isolated and like I'm not me. That mission changed me in so many ways and I'm not the old Y/n I used to be, but everyone thinks I am. This place just doesn't feel like home anymore Bruce. I don't know what to do."

He stayed silent for a bit, thinking of what to say. If anything, the silence was quite comforting in a way.

"I'm scared." Your voice cracked slightly.

"I know. It is scary, feeling yourself change into something else. Trust me, I've been in that boat before and it's not easy. I wish I could tell you how to help or how I dealt with it, but honestly, I can't..."

You nod.

"I-I just want to find where I belong."

"You will, even if it's not with us in the end, I know you'll find your home." He stared out the window.

You rested your head on his shoulder, letting the silence comfort the both of you. Who knows where you'll go or what you'll do, but you know you're not alone and that's all that matters.

———————
ew sorry for the sh1t ending but i just didn't know where to take this story!
and thanks for being patient with slow updates! i've got sooo many ideas waiting to be written but i just have zero energy. but at random times i just get a wave of motivation and i write as much as i can before feeling down again!
anyway, the other day was my birthday yayay, just thought i'd share hehe

xx