Bucky & Avengers ⇛ Let Me Be

Plot: You and Bucky and are expecting, but you're terrified. One night, you lock yourself in the bathroom and try to do bad things.

This is includes very sensitives topics, don't read if you don't feel comfortable. 

Bucky rolled over in his sleep, but the other side of the bed was empty. Immediately he woke up. He saw that you were not in bed, so he started panicking. 

"Y/n?" He whisper yelled.

There was no response.

"Y/n, where are you?" He spoke normally now, but there was still lot's of worry in his voice.

Again, there was no response. Well, sort of. He heard some faint sobbing coming from outside your shared room. Without any second thoughts, he got up and slowly walked out. He instantly knew where you were, the bathroom. He went to the door and knocked lightly.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" 

You heard his voice from the other side of the door. But you ignored it, just letting another small sob out.

"Y/n? Please let me in." His voice was getting more concerned.

"No." You said through your tears. 

"Please doll." He said softly, but still panicking.

"I-I can't." 

"I know you're scared, but you need to let me in so I can help you." 

Even though he couldn't see you, you shook your head.  More tears came down your cheek as you stared into the mirror. 

"Y/n, hold on. I'm getting help. Just wait for me doll." He said.

Bucky went back to the bedroom, trying to find his phone. But he couldn't find it anywhere. He groaned in frustration, the one time he needed it, it had to be missing.

"FRIDAY?" 

"Yes James?" 

"Please call Y/n's nurse, tell her we need her urgently." 

"Of course. Is something wrong?" 

"Yes!" He raised his voice a bit louder then he expected.

"Do you want me to alarm the others?" 

Bucky thought for a moment. Was it really necessary for him to wake everyone up for something that doesn't even relate to them? Then he thought what the nurse said, she told Bucky that Y/n needs all the support she can get. Especially since is fearing this childbirth. 

"Yes. But tell them to be quiet, I don't want to startle her." 

"Okay." 

Bucky went back to the bathroom door and tried to open it, but it was still locked.

"Dolly, please let me in." 

"I can't." You sat on the floor with your knees to your chest, still crying.

You heard footsteps and whispering on the other side of the door.

"Bucky? What's wrong?" Steve said, walking fast.

Quickly, all the Avengers were out and walking over to Bucky.

"Where is Y/n?" Nat said, looking around for her best friend.

Bucky paused.

"She isn't coming out." He whispered, then gently placed his head on the door.

Everyone started to show their concern.

"Y/n? It's Nat. Please come out, or open the door. We are here for you." Nat leaned against the door.

"N-no." You sobbed. 

"We know you're scared, but  we are all here for you Y/n." Steve said softly. 

"The nurse is out the front. Shall I send her up?" FRIDAY asked.

"Yes, tell her to hurry." Bucky replied. 

Everyone went silent, silently begging you not do anything bad. Then the nurse came up and jogged over to everyone.

"Whats wrong?" She asked calmly, but still quite worried.

"She's not coming out" Bucky said quietly. 

The nurse nodded and went to the door.

"Y/n? It's me sweetie, Alex your nurse." 

"Leave me alone." You replied.

"Just open the door and we can properly calm you down." Alex said softly.

"Let me be!" You cried.

"Doll please. I need you, I need to know that you're alright." Bucky said, he was getting very worried and stressed.

"You're better off with out me." You said softly, letting tears roll down your cheek.

That caused lot's of commotion coming from everyone. 

"We aren't! Please Y/n, I need you and you know that." Bucky was very close to banging the door down.

"Y/n you know that isn't true. You're my closest friend. We all need you here." Nat was still leaning on the door as well.

Each Avenger said something. It helped, but not enough. Nothing would help your growing fear. You made your way to the bathroom counter, searching for the very sharp, metal nail file. 

"Please can I kick the door down." Bucky desperately asked the nurse.

"We can't startle her. Maybe you all should get some water and I will try talking to her." She replied.

"I am not leaving her, at least let me stay." Bucky's eyes were glistening with tears.

"Okay." 

Everyone else went out and got some water. But neither of them spoke. This could be the last day they saw you. 

"Y/n, please don't do anything. Just open the door so we can talk to you properly." Alex spoke.

More sobs came out of you, stronger and louder ones. In your hand was the sharp, metal object.

"Doll, I know you are scared. But we have gotten through almost all of it. Just don't do anything you will regret. You love the baby, we love the baby. Remember, we stayed up incredibly late, making bets if it was going to be a girl or boy. Or when we spent like a whole day finding a nice looking piece of paper to just write the name options. Oh, and all those times we had so much fun shopping for our child? Please Y/n. I love you so much and I struggle when your gone just to get groceries. I can't be without you. I love you too much." Bucky didn't even realise, but a few tears escaped his eyes.

There was a long pause.

A silent one.

Bucky's heart sank. 

He didn't do it.

He couldn't save you. 

He failed you.

But, a noise made his head lift up.

The door unlocked.