Sam ⇛ Until We Meet Again

Plot: The Avengers are doing like a 'practise' mission, using really weapons. Everyone had bullet proof vests and were geared correctly, so when you were shot, they thought you were joking.

I was going to do a sad and happy ending, but I just gave you a sad one hehe

Your legs raced through the hallways, making you pant a bit. As you look out the window, you see people gathering. 

"Come on." You mutter to yourself as you run downstairs.

When you arrive outside, you quickly find a rock to hide behind. Everyone was hiding somewhere. After a few seconds, you saw movement. A few people were slowly walking into the centre. 'They take this so seriously', you thought to yourself. It was a training session, except they were using really guns. Everyone was geared up in bullet proof vests, so you could still shoot each other as long it was on the vest. You decided you may as well go into the centre as well, just to actually get some action in. Slowly, you rose from the rock and crept forward. A sharp pain stung right in your side, above your hip. The vest definitely did not go down to there. You winced a bit then touched the wound, blood.

"Tony your fucking ass! You shot me!" You huddled a bit and held onto something.

"Chill Y/n, it's just the impact from the vest." He smirked then moved on and fought others.

You fell to the floor, you haven't actually ever gotten shot, and it was painful. You didn't know how long you were on the ground for, but you felt a lot of blood flowing onto your hands. You didn't bother shouting for help because you know no one come, no point on wasting your breath.

Finally you heard the commotion stop and someone running over to you.

"Y/n!? Y/n are you alright!?" Sam, it was Sam's voice. 

You could barely keep your eyes open. He observed you and saw the gunshot.

"Shit! Guys she was right! She got shot!" Sam yelled at the others.

"What?" Steve, that was Steve's voice.

"It's serious! We have to get her to the hospital!" Sam said a little more softly.

"How much blood has she lost?" Tony asked, he sounded guilty.

"I mean, she was waiting her for a while after she said she was shot. So probably a lot." Natasha replied.

Your eyelids felt very heavy and you felt awfully weak in Sam's eyes.

"Y/n stay with me, stay awake." His voice felt further and further away, then it was gone and you could only see black.

--------

The team stayed in the hospital for days, waiting for news. Sam never left your side, he had feelings for you, but he could never get round to admitting them. Tony also stayed with you a lot, he felt so incredibly guilty. In fact, the whole team felt guilty. You told them that you were shot, but they ignored you. 
They all fiddled with something in the waiting room, wanting the update for today. They were expecting something like 'she is still asleep', like the past few days. They were not ready for the reality. 

"Hello." Your nurse said as she walked into the room.

Everyone sat straighter and some of them got up.

"What is it? Whats the news?" Natasha paced around and stopped at the Nurse.

"Uh." The nurse hesitated.

"What is the news?" Sam said more sternly.

"I am so sorry, she didn't make it. She was fighting to stay, you could see it. You can go in and say your goodbyes. Again, I am so sorry." The nurse smiled sadly then walked off.

That was the day the Avengers the changed. Ever since you were gone, the Avenger's were weaker. They couldn't carry the weight of everything. It was like a dark cloud was layered on top of them. Everyday, they would go to your gravestone for as long as possible. Photos and videos were the only things they had left of you. Well that and your whole room. No one has gone into it, apart from Sam. He had changed the most. He was broken, completely broken. You were his absolute world, he regretted not telling you his feelings. Everyone was broken, the Avengers compound was no longer a fun, enjoyable place. It was a building of sadness and darkness.

'Those special memories of you,
will always bring me a smile,
if only i could have you back,
just for a little while,
then we could sit and talk again,
just like we used to do,
you always meant so very much,
and always will do too,
the fact that you're no longer here,
will always cause me pain,
but you're forever in my heart,
until we meet again.'