Bucky ⇛ Someone You Loved

Based off the song, 'Someone You Loved'.

Stay till the end for an Author's Note :)

The morning sunlight simmered through your curtains, making you smile softly. The mattress squeaked slightly as you turned over, expecting to see Bucky. His side of the bed was empty. Your heart sank and instantly felt cold, he normally greeted you with his arms wrapped around you.

It wasn't the first time, recently Bucky hasn't been sleeping in the same bed as you. He's starting to feel less 'warm' and cheerful. After a lot of hesitation, you got out of bed and put on some trackies and a jumper. The hallways were quite empty, but you could hear the faint sound of voices.

"Good morning Y/n." Steve smiled at you, as did Sam.

"Morning, do you know where Buck is?"

"Uh, I think he went for a walk." Steve replied, less lively.

"Oh okay."

"I'm sure he'll be back soon." He tried to lighten the mood.

You just nodded and walked back to your room.

The mattress sunk slightly as you sat down on it, staring out your window. Thoughts took over your brain, zoning you out from reality. Everyone can see how he has changed towards you, he's not making it subtle. But nobody knows why...

After a few minutes of sitting on your bed and thinking, you realised that this place isn't for you anymore. You're not an Avenger, you moved in because of Bucky, he wanted you to. But now, now this place doesn't feel welcoming at all.

Another day passed and you woke up to Bucky sleeping beside you, but quite distant. You wanted to roll over and give him a cuddle like you used to, but it's not the same anymore. Swiftly, you got out of bed and wrapped your dressing down around you. As you opened the door, you heard the bed move a bit, signalling Bucky woke up. But you left before he could say anything new to hurt you.

On the highest balcony, you had the best view of the sunrise. It was rising over the city skyline, casting different shades all over. You slowly sat down by the glass fence, pulling your knees to your chest. The faint sound of footsteps approaching made you look up, seeing Natasha. She walked over to you in her PJs with an elegant gown draped over her.

"Why you up here so early?" She sat down beside you.

"You know I always wake up at this time. So if anything, what are you doing up here?"

"I don't know, just woke up. I also figured you'd be out here."

You rested your head on your knees.

"Is it Bucky?" She moved closer to you.

Slowly you nodded, a rush of sadness swept over your entire body.

"I just don't get it." Your voice was barely above a whisper level.

"He's been so distant to me lately, we barely talk or it's just plain awkwardness when we are in the same room. I don't know what I did to make him like this? Am I just not good enough?"

"Y/n don't say that. You know perfectly well that you are more then good enough for anyone. Bucky, he's just being an absolute jerk. We've all noticed his behaviour but we also don't know why. It's not fair for him to be treating you like this then come to us like everything is fine."

A tear slowly fell down your cheek as you rested your head on Nat's shoulder. Normally she would pull away from that form of affection; but she loves you, your like a sister to her.

The two of you stayed silent, Natasha watched the sunrise and kept looking down at you whilst you rested on her. Enjoying the peace and quiet, away from what was happening in your room.

The next morning you naturally woke up early, you could feel that Bucky was in bed beside you. Straight away though, you got up and quietly packed a small duffel bag. You didn't want to necessarily do this, but you knew it was the best for the two of you. Just as you were about to head off, you put down your bag and found paper and a pen. More sadness filled your body as you formed the words on the paper. When you'd finished, you gently placed it on his dresser, then quietly left the room.

'I was getting kind of used to being someone you loved.'

Hey guys, quick AN!
I took a little break as so much has been going on. My mental health is horrible right now but writing really does distract me. Thanks for holding on, and I know I keep saying that, but seriously, thank you.
School will be ending soon, meaning I am not my summer holidays. Then I'll have so much time write and publish more!

Thank you all, once again, I love you 3000 <3